12.19.2013

Shiny and New

Well, things are obviously looking a bit different around here today! If you clicked over expecting to find Young, and In Progress, you may be a little confused. Don't worry though, it's still me, the same old Miranda. This is still going to be a space for everything I have been writing and talking about, it is now just more visually representative of who I am as a person.

There is meaning behind the new look and name change. Miranda Writes is a word play on the well-known "Miranda Rights." It may not be as inventive as I think it is, but hey, it's still pretty creative, right? (Come on y'all, humor me. Ha ha.) I feel like the name also has more potential to grow with me in a couple of different ways...it will always be appropriate to my age as I physically grow older, and it will also be a good general representation of everything that I talk about here.

Young, and In Progress had originally started as a blog for me to document my journey as a young professional in the work world. I quickly realized though, why is that something I'm going to force myself to blog about when it's not what I plan to do forever? It is much more fulfilling for me to share other things with you, such as thoughts, events, travel, some of my fiction...whatever I please. The name still could have worked, but, I just wanted to go with something more basic.

As for the new appearance, didn't Erin do a phenomenal job on the new design? She is so fantastic, and she really found a way to create the vision that I described to her. You have probably noted the garnet and gold. I told Erin that I wanted my theme to be loosely FSU inspired. Most of you probably know that I graduated from Florida State about a year and a half ago, and I love everything about the university and Seminole sports. The FSU tribute isn't necessarily just because of these two things. They play a factor, but the real reason that I wanted my design to reflect FSU is because going to school there was really a turning point in my life. It was the beginning of a time period in which I would substantially grow as a person. That's something I will never forget, therefore, that was my inspiration. And Erin did a beautiful job of bringing it to life.

I believe that covers all of the basics about the new look! If you look to the left, you will also see two new sections...Faith and Popular Writes. Check those out if you would like! Oh, also, if you have my Young, and In Progress button on your side bar, would you please switch it out and put the Miranda Writes button there instead? And on that note, please email me if you want to swap buttons!

Miranda Writes

Most importantly, a big thank you to all of you who read and comment here every day. You never fail to encourage me, inspire me, and make me smile. Here's to many more adventures here at the brand new Miranda Writes!
Renee said...

Love, love, love the new layout and the name! And I totally think it was pretty creative (and I'm not just humouring you here).

Stephanie said...

LOVE this. Love the name and the design!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I still love it this morning, when I couldn't sleep last night I was thinking and it hit me that you used Noles colors. I don't know why I didn't see it yesterday. DUH!!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Love the new design! :-)

Stephanie said...

Love the new name and look!!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Love the new name, it's so you! And of course the blog design is awesome!

Lauren said...

Looks awesome!!

Sam @ From East To West Coast said...

I love the new blog makeover!! Before I even read the part about the FSU inspired colors I noticed it immediately, it's perfect for you!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i LOVE the new layout and name :) so simple and elegant.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Erin LFF said...

So happy you love your new look! :) I hope it inspires you a million times over to keep on doing what you're doing and rocking it!!

Teresa said...

Your design looks great! I love those feathers! (:

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.