Ten Christmas Questions, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree


Yesterday, Kelly, one of my favorites, tagged me to answer a set of Christmas questions. Considering we are less than a week (wow, how did that happen?) away from Christmas, I thought...why not? Thanks for tagging me Kelly! Now, let's grab some hot apple cider and get to the answering.

What do you love the most about Christmas time?
The Christmas "atmosphere" as a whole is just a truly magical thing. The combination of sights, sounds, smells, and feelings is so beautiful. There are lights everywhere you look, whether you are driving down the street or sitting in your home and gazing at the Christmas tree. There are always scents of cookies and hot chocolate and ciders in the air. Hearts are touched by the kindness and happiness of those around them. Altogether, it just makes for a beautiful season.

Do you celebrate the holidays in style or is it "Bah-Humbug" for you?
In style, of course! I will admit though, I have had a bit of a hard time adjusting to celebrating Christmas as an adult. The reality is, it does lose a little of it's appeal as you get older. However, the fun in that is discovering new traditions and ways to celebrate that make it just as special in new ways. I believe that the Christmas season should be lived, and lived well...no matter the traditions!

Are you leaving anything out for Santa this year so he remembers to leave you presents?
Ha ha, nah...I told him to pass me by this year in order to make his rounds a little faster. Funny story though, back when I was still leaving goodies out for Santa, my brother and I never left him the traditional cookies. We always left him Reeses cups and Pepsi, because my mom said he liked those better. I thought it was funny that Santa had the same favorite snack as my dad. I obviously never put two and two together...

What is the one gift you are most looking forward to GIVING?
Instead of buying typical gifts, I have something special that I'm planning to do for all of my loved ones. I just can't say it here because they read my blog! Ha ha. Also, Benjamin and my other new friends are others that God has allowed me to give to in different ways.

What is your all time favorite Christmas movie?
This is such a hard question. It's probably a toss up between A Christmas Story and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. They are both HILARIOUS and I watch them at least three times a year. Home Alone is a goodie too! "Buzz, your girlfriend...WOOF!" Kills me every time.

What is your all time favorite Christmas song?
I think I have to go with Oh, Holy Night. It is so beautiful!

If given the opportunity, would you participate in an ugly Christmas sweater party, and what sweater would you wear?
Been there, and done that. Everyone tells me my sweater isn't ugly enough though. It's just a black sweater vest with reindeer on it. I'll insert a picture! This one is from last Christmas.


Have you started any Christmas traditions this year that you plan on carrying forward?
Hm...I haven't done anything this year that I failed to do in past years.

It's Christmas morning...what does it look like outside where you live?
Ha ha, I laughed out loud when I read this question. I live in Florida, so it's definitely not a white Christmas. It seems that nine times out of ten it's actually raining on Christmas day...which is not making the hair look so hot in holiday pictures! Oh, I have also been able to wear shorts the past three Christmases. Believe it or not though, the weather is predicted to be in the low 60's for the holiday this year...that will be a nice change!

You just found yourself standing under the mistletoe...who comes up to give you a kiss first?
Most likely this sweet little face. Sadie is such a lover, and she will never pass up the opportunity for a cuddle or a kiss!


Now, it's your turn to answer. I'm tagging anyone who is reading this and loves Christmas, so let me know if you decide to do it!

Happy Friday, and I hope you all have a great weekend! For those of you who don't have to work on Monday or Tuesday, I hope you have a great holiday week. Stay safe, and warm, and enjoy being with the important people in your life. Keep your heads up, and enjoy the magical feeling in the air during the last bit of 2013!

7 comments

Stephanie said...

My favorite thing about Christmas is EVERYTHING. It's most definitely my favorite time of the year.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

fav christmas movies hands down are Elf and die hard.

i love everything about christmas! i'm actually kind of sad that it's almost over :(

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Love your answers! So jealous you get to wear shorts on some Christmases!!

And the smell of apple cider and chocolate makes me so happy too :-)

Ashley G said...

hi!!! just stumbled on your cute little blog and i'm your new follower!

totally with you. adjusting to christmas as an adult is hard for me too. the whole family dynamic has changed for me and it leaves me being like, "uhhh what now!" haha

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I love hearing what Christmas songs are other people's favorites!! Do you have a favorite version too?

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

hahahaha I love that they told you Santa likes Reeses and Pepsi, that's so cute!

Slow Marks said...

This storage place has been a great place to store my business equipment. I've used this facility for over 2 years and they have been excellent to work with and affordable too.
Storage in Vancouver, WA