12.02.2013

Thanksgiving Tidbits and Changes

Well, here I am...back at the work desk. Honestly, how does that happen? These long holiday weekends that we spend days and days anticipating always seem to fly by as if they never even happened. The only proof that we have of them is the lesser amount of money in the bank account because of the gas bill to get to family, and a stomach that still feels full from all of the Thanksgiving carbs.

All Monday morning bitterness aside, I really did have a fantastic holiday weekend with my family. It's the longest I have spent at my parent's house in a while. Normally I only have time to go for a couple of days before I have to come back home for work and all of that other dumb adult stuff.

I spent a lot of time with this sweet face.


Remember my brother's puppy Sadie? Well, she has grown quite a bit! If you click here, you can see how tiny she was and be able to tell how much she has changed. She weighs about 35 pounds now, and she is still a puppy! Ha ha. She will probably end up being around 60 pounds when she is full grown. Big lug or not though, this is the sweetest dog in the history of dogs. She has big sad eyes and a tail that never stops wagging. She also thinks she is much smaller than she is, and loves to try to jump into your arms or lap.

I got to break in my parent's newly renovated guest room. It was nice to have my own space since I haven't actually had a room there since I moved out...which makes a world of sense because that would just be a waste of space. I'm actually going to do a post with pictures of the guest room later in the week because it's so adorable. My mom is so creative, and my dad is quite the handy man. I have a journal that I journal my prayers and other thoughts in at night, so it was relaxing to have a warm, cozy room to settle down in...complete with a sleepy kitty.


My mom put me in charge of preparing the dessert she was supposed to take to my grandparent's for Thanksgiving dinner. It was called Coconut Crunch Delight. I don't even like coconut, and this stuff was pretty darn good...and really easy to make! It must have been a hit, because none was leftover.


Speaking of sugary goodness, the morning after Thanksgiving I made one of my specialties for breakfast while we were in the midst of putting up Christmas decorations. Chocolate chip pancake muffins are so easy, and delicious too! I mainly like doing them instead of regular pancakes because I can't flip a pancake to save my life...but nobody has to know that. If you want the recipe, I gave it out on my Instagram, but I may do a post on them within the next couple of weeks as well!


I would also just like to say that when it comes to decorating for Christmas, my mom is an absolute beast. She always has the happiest holiday house ever. When it gets closer to Christmas, I will probably do a post showing you all of her stuff. It's adorable. Something else that is adorable is Sadie's fascination with the Christmas lights. She already loves sitting and lying under the Christmas tree.


I also saw Catching Fire, helped my Grandma put up her outdoor decorations, and a few other things, but the weekend ended on the note of a good 'ol country fire. We roasted hot dogs and ate them with chili, and also made s'mores of course! The weather was the perfect temperature...not too hot and not too cold. However, the next day Florida warmed right back up to it's normal temperatures. I arrived at my parent's house on Wednesday night dressed in boots and a sweater, and I left yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt. Oh, Florida...make up your dang mind.


My Seminoles of course had an amazing weekend too...but there will be an entire post dedicated to that, so I won't bore all of you non-FSU fans with that right now. ;)

That's about all that I have for my Thanksgiving adventures. I have a few other pictures on my actual camera, but they probably won't make it to the blog.

Something else that I wanted to mention today...change will be coming to Young, and In Progress within the next month or so. A name change is on the way...something that will be more simple and able to grow and change with me. I don't plan to change my URL yet though...when that time comes I will be sure to let you know. With the new name will come a new look of course...I'm really excited about everything, and looking forward to putting the changes into action. Want more ways to keep in touch and be friends? You should also follow me here:

 
Happy Monday, and Happy December!
 
Truly,
Miranda
Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

looks like a fantastic holiday you had!

looking forward to the changes. i thought about doing the same thing but eh, i'm too lazy so i just used my (recycled) christmas theme. that should subdue me for a while :D

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Stephanie said...

Ooo I'm excited abot your changes. :)

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! That coconut dessert looks yummy! And yay excited for your changes!

Rachael @ Pretty in Pink said...

I'm planning on doing some rebranding, too! It's definetly a little bit scary but I'm excited for the changes! xo

Helene in Between said...

looks like you had a fabulous thanksgiving. i am really mourning that it's over!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I'm so glad you had an great Thanksgiving and I'm interested to see the guest room pictures. I love getting decorating inspiration from others.

Can't wait for all your new changes. :)

Nadine Lynn said...

Looks like you had a good Thanksgiving! Excited to see your changes. Sometimes a change is refreshing!

Jenn Goodall said...

I am super excited for the changes ! cant wait :)

Jenn xo

Alexipanda said...

What a great weekend you had! That dog looks like such a sweetheart. Can't wait for what you have in store with the blog changes!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Sadie is so sweet! I'm glad you had a lovely time with your family. That dessert looks amazing even though I'm not a huge coconut person either.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.