The 26th of December

Waking up the morning after Christmas is always similar to emerging from a fog. Even though the tree and all of the lights and such are still up, the mood is different. Our minds automatically tell us that the most wonderful time of the year is over. We know that within the next few days, all of the decorations will be gone, all of the leftovers will be eaten, and all of our new gifts will find permanent homes. Everything will go back to normal, and it will be an entire year before those holiday feelings return.

In that sense, December 26th is kind of a sad day. However, it is also a very promising day. The 26th is always the day that I really begin to anticipate the new year. It's the first day that I get excited about all of the exciting possibilities that will roll around with January 1st. A new year signifies a lot. It's a very exciting thing to think about! I have three solid "resolutions" this year. I haven't decided yet if  I'm going to share them here on the blog yet or not though. 2014 is looking really good so far. I don't want to go out on a limb and say it's going to be "my year," but it very well could be great for my family and I.

I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas! What did you do? I had a very relaxing holiday with my family, and it was great. I didn't take very many pictures this year...just a few snaps on my phone,  but I thought I would share them regardless!

Sadie Lou on Christmas morning. You can't really see it, but she is wearing the new collar that Santa brought her!

My Amish brother and I. Just kidding...but the beard is throwing me off.

Journaling on Christmas night. Writing beside a Christmas tree is very thought inspiring. I think it's the lights.

4 comments

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i can't believe it's over!! after all the excitement, we now have to face a whole new year in a few days. the time is just flying by!!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I always get so depressed when Christmas is over. Boo!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas!!

I plan on getting that tree out of my house this weekend, hopefully it will take my after Christmas blues with it.

Duh! Danae said...

Ditto to what kelli said, My next day off Christmas decorations are going away!