The Easiest of Christmas Treats

The holiday season comes with promises of many exciting things, and one of these things would have to be Christmas parties, luncheons, and other get together's. Christmas is a very social holiday, and a major component of that warm and fuzzy Christmas feeling that we get comes from interacting with the special people in our lives.

Let's not lie though, the food is also a pretty important factor in the Christmas equation. When you are invited to a holiday gathering, what do you automatically expect of yourself? You feel like you should bring some sort of food to contribute to the spread. Whether you are going to a party with friends, or a traditional family reunion, or a luncheon for work, you have to think of some good grub to add to the mix.

At work a couple of weeks ago, a sign-up sheet was passed around for the annual office Christmas luncheon. I always get a little flustered over these types of things, because cooking and baking are not my areas of creativity. However, it didn't take me long to put an item beside my name, because if there is one time of year that I am comfortable making some tasty goodies, it's Christmas time. There is one goodie that my mom and I make every single Christmas without fail...and that would be sugar cookies.

Even though the process is extremely simple and self explanatory, I thought I would share the idea with you all anyway. These aren't only easy...but cute and extremely tasty as well. They are like a holy baking trifecta.

Sweet and Simple Christmas Sugar Cookies
 
You will need two items. (No, I'm serious, just two items!)
*Break and bake sugar cookies-I think Pillsbury are the best, but that's just my opinion.
*Red and green sugar sprinkles.
 
 
Step 1:
Open cookies and pour the a portion of the sprinkles into two different bowls. The sugar sprinkles are so pretty and sparkly...very festive, right?
 

 
Step 2:
Taking one of the cookies, place upside down into the sugar and press until a generous amount has stuck to the dough. Do this with each cookie, alternating colors until they are all sugar-fied.
 

 
Step 3:
Place cookies onto pan and bake at the temperature and time period suggested.
 

 
Step 4:
Eat, and enjoy! Good luck in your endeavor to not consume at least ten at a time.
 

 
These little jokers are always a hit at my family's Christmas celebration. And you have to agree, anyone could make them, right? Let me know if you decide to try them out at any of your events.
 
What are some easy and delicious Christmas treats that you turn to during this season of celebration?
 
Truly,
Miranda


11 comments

Stephanie said...

Mmm, I love sugar cookies and these are so cute with the sprinkles!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

I'm supposed to bring in dessert tomorrow. I'm thinking of baking cookies too. Fingers crossed it works out and my coworkers don't think I'm a terrible cook!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

FINALLY a recipe I can follow! HAHAHAHA!!

We're going to make cookies on Christmas eve so Santa has a treat when he shows up.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i usually make chocolate cupcakes and use festive icing. i never eat them but i make them for parties and stuff.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Sam @ From East To West Coast said...

Sugar cookies are the best! Totally the perfect holiday treat :D

The Peanut Program said...

so EASY and SO GOOD!!!!

Alexipanda said...

omgoodness i want some!!!

Lauren said...

Those are my favorite to make :-)

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

You're making me crave cookies, twin!

Jamie @ You Gotta Have Hart said...

I love your Christmas treats! These totally look like something I could ruin-- considering that I completely messed up a recipe for Gingerbread cookies on Saturday night! And I saw on Instagram (the Blogbaton) that you are in Tally. I'm in Pensacola so Hello Fellow Floridian!!

Lauren Penich said...

I never even considered adding the sprinkles first.... hmm adding that to the shopping list! :)