Letters From Benji

Remember when I introduced you all to Benjamin a few weeks ago?

Well, this little guy has been hanging on our refrigerator for over a month now, and we are loving him more and more every single day! He even has a nickname now...we like to call him Benji. :)

I was so happy to open up the mailbox today and find our first piece of correspondence from him. He sent us a picture, and we also learned a little more about him. Of course I have to share!


A translator asked him some questions and wrote them down for us. He thanks us for choosing him to sponsor, and he is praying for us and our families to be healthy at all times. He also wants us to pray for the health of him and his family. Even though I haven't met Benji in person, I just know that he is a sweetheart. He is precious, and I'm thankful for opportunities like this that not only provide for children in need, but also allow relationships to be built.

And how about this car he drew for us? I foresee a career in art in Benji's future.


The other side of the paper we received had a section of Benjamin's favorites. His answers made me smile!


Benji's Faves:

Color: Yellow
Food: Rice and stew
Song: God's Love (Gospel music)
Game: Football
Toy: Car
Pet: Cat

Amber and I each wrote him back, and I can't wait for him to get our letters! Benjamin is going to be such a blessing this year...I can feel it!

Happy weekending!

4 comments

Jill Thompson said...

I was looking for a "like" button! This is awesome! We just sent our first letter and are anxiously awaiting our first letter from our sponsored child, Abigail.

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

ahh I love this! So sweet! I love the drawings and messages we get from the two little kids we sponsor

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

adorable!! especially the drawings :)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Awesome! I love snail mail but that kind is extra special. :)