Not Much for Coffee, But I Like Coffee Dates

This evening, I'm going on a date...a coffee date that is. I'm joining Kiki and Amy and everyone else who is hanging out in The Circle for some heartfelt chatter. You may be thinking it's a little late for a coffee break, but hey, maybe you need some caffeine to keep you up for a couple of more hours. Or, you could always drink decaf. Or hot chocolate. That's always a win.

So, let's take a stroll over to the little corner coffee shop and get acquainted.


Where are you seated? (Near the counter, near the door, near the wall, etc.)
I will always go with the coziest looking seat in the house. I prefer to be in a corner or against the wall so I can look up and catch sight of the hustle and bustle that is going on with the other customers in the shop. It's amazing how many different types of people will walk in and out of the shop in the hour or so that you're sitting there. Wouldn't want to miss any of it!

What are you sipping/munching on?
I am extremely plain and simple when it comes to coffee. I normally always like it iced, with a little milk and some hazelnut sweetener. If I'm not in the mood for that, I go for hot chocolate or something that doesn't really taste like coffee. If I'm feeling extra adventurous (or hungry, just having a case of "sweet tooth") I will have a muffin...banana nut is my favorite!

What do you want to get off your chest first? (You can be as deep as you want.)
I would honestly most likely rather talk all about you. I am a listener, and honestly, no matter how sweet the person, it takes me a bit to actually open up. Eventually though, I would tell you all about how I feel like I'm at a crossroads in my life, and I have no idea what decisions to make and what steps to take. Then you may have a difficult time actually getting me to stop talking, ha ha.

If you could choose anyone (besides us of course), who would you have coffee with?
Let's take the literary route, and say J.K. Rowling, or Meg Cabot. They are two of my biggest inspirations, and I would love to have deep conversations over warm drinks with them.

What is inspiring you lately?
The strength that exudes from people who are going through tough times. The positivity of those who have every right to be negative. The drastic changes of the Florida weather...rainy and warm one day, and nearly freezing the next. Laughter of those that I love most. The promises of a new year.

What are your plans after coffee?
Well, since it is an evening date, I will probably do some blogging and journaling, and then bedtime won't be too far behind! I'm an old woman at heart...I will go to bed at 10:00 and the caffeine will not even have an effect on me.

Happy coffee-drinking! It was fun chatting. Let's do it again sometime really soon!

In Its Time

 

10 comments

rachel morris said...

I love your inspirations! And I wish coffee did not have such an effect on me. I crave a cup right before bed and usually settle for decaf hot tea instead.

Loved reading your post and discovering your sweet blog!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I am a talker and you're a listener, I knew we'd make great IRL friends!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I'm a watcher and a listener too, I learned a long time ago you learn more by watching and listening than you do by speaking.

I love this post idea, it's super cute.

Amy said...

+ YES! cozy seats for the win! I also enjoy a good people watching moment!
+ banana nut is one of my favorite muffins too!! YUMMM
+ hmmm crossroads - welcome to adulthood friend ;) I'm with you though, crossroads are hard and challenging and making decisions seems to only become harder. <3 you're not alone in that struggle.
+ J.K. ROWLING YESSSSSSSSSS!
+ I. love. your. inspiration. YES! there is something so inspiring, so beautiful about those who are able to dust themselves off and keep moving forward!

>>>so glad you joined us for the circle this month!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Ah I would love a coffee date w J.K. Rowling. I'm reading Casual Vacancy now.

This is so cute. Loved your responses.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i'm the type to ask a bazillion questions and then say something offensive and by offensive, i mean awesome.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kiki said...

"I would honestly most likely rather talk all about you. I am a listener, and honestly, no matter how sweet the person, it takes me a bit to actually open up." Um, that fits me to a T, girl. Seriously. I, too, take awhile to warm up to people and write better than I speak. Therefore, I get what you mean about being a listening ear. How is it that we have so much in common? :)

And I love the idea of having a coffee date with authors--why didn't I think of that before? :)

Thanks for the coffee date, Miranda!

Jess said...

Stopping by from the link-up! :)

Wow, so our answers for one and two are very similar! :)

And for the third, I agree with you as well. I'm a much better listening and it takes a bit for me to warm up.

Glad I got to stop by! :)

elle alice said...

Fun! Coffee with literary giants would be awesome!!

Elizabeth said...

jk rowling!!! GREAT choice!