2.03.2014

Lately


Lately...

+ My immune system has not been up to par. Ever since my surgery back in November, I feel like my body is so much more easily affected. I have always been a person who rarely, and I mean rarely gets sick. (I'm talking I would get a cold like once every year and a half.) Now, in the past two months alone, I have had two colds, a stomach virus, and right now I have an ear infection. What is going on? Maybe I need to start taking more vitamins or something.

+ I have really been bothered by the fact that there simply isn't enough time in the day. The longer I work in an office, the more I realize that 40-hour work weeks are a lot more than they seem. During the winter especially, it gets dark at 6 PM...so literally every daylight hour is spent inside of an office with no windows. I have so many things I want to work on...my novels, blogging, calligraphy, journaling, reading...yet I don't have the energy to really put effort into any of these things by the time I make it through traffic and get home. A lot of evenings I have plans as well, so it's difficult to stay motivated and make the most of the hours that I do have. Any tips?

+ Netflix has been pretty darn useful. I have been going through the free trial period and I like it so much more than Hulu Plus. It's been great for the times that I haven't been feeling well. A couple of weeks ago I watched the entire first season of Orange is the New Black in one day...a rare day in which I had no plans...and it was great. I don't remember the last time I binge watched a TV show, and it was an awesome one to dive into. I cannot wait for the second season to come out!

+ I have been spending way too much time alone. I'm at introvert to begin with, but sometimes it's worse than others. The dynamic is kind of weird though, because I am really enjoying alone time and I am working on myself as a person a lot, but I also feel like I am not putting necessary effort into my relationships. I get afraid that my friends and family will think that I am mad at them in some way, or just don't want to be around them, but that isn't the case at all. Sometimes I just need to spend a few weeks using the majority of my free time to pull apart my own thoughts. I think entirely too much, and when all of those thoughts and fears build up, I normally find the best way to break my walls back down is to do it on my own...through silent time, prayer, and overall relaxation.

+ My blogging has become a little disorganized...for my liking anyway. I haven't been scheduling posts as much. Sometimes I post in the morning. Sometimes I post in the evening. It has been taking me longer to reply to comments. I find that I don't have as much time to read and comment on other blogs. I don't really mind not having a strict schedule, but I do mind not having the time to devote to blogging that I would like. It's something that I enjoy immensely, and I feel like it takes a toll on the rest of my life when I'm not able to be as committed to it.

+ My roommates and I have been completely addicted to The Bachelor...guilty as charged. Every Monday night we sit in our living room, yelling things at Juan Pablo and discussing why we like the girls we like and why we don't like the girls we don't like. I guess I just find the scenario humorous because none of us are the types of girls who are usually into these shows. But...I guess every woman needs a little trashy reality TV in her life. And on that note, I'm signing off...because it's Monday and we have to prepare for our weekly 8:00 viewing of Juan Pablo and the gang.

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Again with us being blog twins.. I just said this about 40 hour work weeks the other day, it really stinks and I don't know how to get enough hours into the day.. I just feel like I'm working my life away. And I've been super sick the past few months too, and it is annoying! I hope you start feeling better soon. And I love watching the Bachelor mainly because I just like to yell at it. I really dislike Juan Pablo though.

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

I feel you on a lot of these. My immune system was totally out of whack last year. I got a stomach virus, countless colds, other viruses, strep throat, and an ear infection...I had never been sick that much in one year. I didn't know what was going on. *knock on wood* things have been going okay this year so far, but it really scared me how many times I got sick last year. I always get a lot of colds, but everything else resulted in a lot of sick days I wasn't used to taking.

And I've been working for over 4 years, but I still find it hard to get everything I want (goals, etc.) done with a 40 hour work week. It's really hard to juggle everything. I still haven't found my perfect balance.

And I definitely feel you on the disorganized blog posts. I think stressful jobs/full time jobs add to that too.

Thinking of you! Hoping you and I both find our happy balance soon (and less sickness)!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i think it's winter's fault. it sucks, it's cold and all you want to do is lie in bed and wait for summer to come!

i'm struggling with it too -- SUMMER GET HERE ALREADY!!

kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Winter and working is always the worst, the lack of sunlight steals your energy and your joy.

Bring some of the outside in to your work space. A small low light plant will do fine in your office, or maybe even a small desk top water fountain. I find when my desk space is relaxing my life feels less hectic.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.