Look Who's Alive


Is that you, blog world? I can't really tell. It's been so long that I have forgotten what you look like! I'm not sure I even remember how to type. What is this blank, white space staring back at me? It seems so foreign!

All drama aside, I really have been M.I.A. for a while. It has been almost two weeks since my last post, but trust me...it hasn't been by choice! My laptop freaked out on me a couple of weeks ago...so frustrating considering that I haven't even had it for a year. I was almost certain it was a virus, so I took it into the good old Geek Squad to get a diagnosis. Turns out,. it was my HARD DRIVE of all things, and they had to back all of my stuff up and send it off for a new hard drive. Luckily, I had a free year of Geek Squad coverage so I'm not actually having to pay for the repair. Score. Plus, the Geek that helped me was really nice and cute. Double score. 

And wouldn't you know...a couple of days after that, my iPhone randomly shut off, only to never come on again. So frustrating, considering I have never so much as dropped the thing on a carpeted floor. Therefore, not only have I been computerless, but I can't even get on Twitter or Instagram or Snapchat. I am having to use an old phone...which is a Blackberry...but a FLIP Blackberry. The apps on it are terrible, and it's not the iPhone I'm used to, but I'm at least happy that I had an old phone to fall back on until I am able to buy a new one. The whole flip phone thing makes me feel very vintage too, ha ha. 

To make a long story short, I HAVE MISSED YOU ALL. I didn't realize what a crucial part of my life blogging is until I wasn't able to do it anymore. Not only is writing an outlet, but communicating with you all normally makes my week and I haven't had that in the past 14 days. Thanks so much though to everyone who tweeted, emailed, and even sent me snail mail to check in. Y'all are awesome, and I'm so blessed to call you friends!

Unfortunately, even though I am posting this post, I am not back for good yet. My computer will be in repair for at least another week. However, I wanted to give some type of update so I stole  borrowed Amber's laptop (lovingly deemed Old Faithful because she has had it since like middle school) to jot down this quick update. Old Faithful is missing two keys...the "H" and the "S," so you hit a sharp metal thing every time you try to hit those keys. I'm developing calluses on my fingers, but it's kind of worth it. Blog world needed me. At least I like to pretend that it did, ha ha. 

I may try to toss another post up in a few days. I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things! I have a notebook full of blog topics just waiting to be unleashed. 

See you sooner than later!
 

6 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

So happy you're back and hopefully we get some good fiction as soon as your computer's back in action!

The Rachael Way said...

I totally tweeted at your yesterday because I noticed your absence and missed you!! Mean it!

A Life Less Traveled said...

Glad to see an update. Missed you!

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

glad to see your update. hurry back!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I can't wait until your back back! Electronics are not nice!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Aw good luck with all the tech issues! Looking forward to it all being fixed soon! Glad you had the Geek Squad warranty!