2.13.2014

The Circle: Who's Your Valentine?

In Its Time

Last month I joined The Circle for the very first time and went on a pretty fabulous coffee date. This month, I'm joining in once again to talk about the holiday that people seem to either absolutely love or absolutely loathe. And by that I mean, Valentine's Day of course.

The cool thing about this though, is it was created not as an opportunity to talk about romantic love necessarily, but rather to express love to God and anyone (or anything) else you feel like showering in some kind words. Keep reading to see who I am giving Valentines to this year.

Dear Roomies,
I cannot believe that we are coming up on two years of living together. It has been an absolute blast, and I am so thankful for the positive and encouraging friendships that I have been able to form with both of you. Y'all each keep me on my toes, and you always know exactly when I need to talk and when I need some alone time. You're both also amazing for a good laugh, and the memories that we have made together are ones that I will never, ever forget.

Dear Lady's Bible Study Group,
The past few Wednesday nights have been so enjoyable. Getting to know you all has been refreshing and much-needed at this time in life. I love being able to get together and freely talk about Christ. You are all such great role models, and I hope you realize what shining examples you are to me and other younger women in the church. Thank you for being real, honest, and vulnerable all the time.

Dear Family,
I have lived a couple of hours away from all of you for nearly four years now. That doesn't seem possible! I hope you all know that even though I am settled into a new life here, that doesn't mean that I don't still think about and pray for all of you each and every day. I still miss being able to be around for every little thing, and staying in daily contact is hard, but that doesn't change the fact that I have the best brother, parents, aunts, cousins, uncles, and grandparents in all of the world. I love y'all dearly.

Dear Blog Friends,
The encouragement that comes from y'all on a daily basis never ceases to overwhelm me! Who ever would have thought that such great friendships could form over the internet? You know, I believe that words build stronger bonds than any other...so all of us reading each other's thoughts and words each day has really created unique and special ties. I get so excited to learn more about you guys each day. You are all superb.

Dear Blogging, Journaling, and Writing,
You are the best outlets in the world. I don't know what I would do if I wasn't able to pour my heart and soul out through sentences and paragraphs every day. The written word, in all forms, has changed my life forever.

Dear Friends,
Whether we met in high school, college, work, church, or anywhere else...you are such a positive part of my life. I have been fortunate to have friendships that have survived almost as long as I have been alive, and it's a comfort to know that I have such amazing men and women to turn to. It's really cool to know that our relationships will always be the same at the root, even though contact and interaction may become more sparse as we grow older and take on more and more responsibilities. Thank you for encouraging me so that I can encourage you in return.

Dear God,
All of these people that I have mentioned in previous notes...I would have never even met them if it wasn't for you. You and your saving grace, and your mercy, and your faithfulness are the reasons that I am able to have the privilege of experiencing these blessings. Valentine's Day is about love...and you God, you are the INVENTOR of love. You are a strong tower, and a shelter for the weak. Through you, we experience joy and everlasting peace. Thank you for life. Thank you for loving us. You God, are my everything.

Who are your Valentine's?
Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

This is so sweet. I hope you have a day full of love tomorrow and always. You have definitely surrouded yourself with a lot of wonderful relationships and Valentines :)

Hillary said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

This is so sweet! I hope you have an awesome Valentine's Day, whomever you spend it with!

Jenna Griffin said...

Aw, I love your sweet letters! I hope you have a great Valentine's day!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

My real Valentine is Little K because she's young and excited about it. I think all holidays are fun when you're little and you're not stressed out about them.

I will be making a special trip to Walmart early in the morning for a few surprise Valentine goodies to make her day extra special!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

When Valentine's is celebrated THIS way it makes my heart happy! :)

Kiki said...

Girl, there are so very many well-written valentines in this post. The one to writing, the one to blogging friends, the one to family, and the ones to God (just to name a few) are all ones I wish I wrote and will now likely steal, haha.

But seriously, your valentines had me amen-ing everything you wrote. :)

Thanks for linking up!!

Fillia Damai said...

Wohooo! You are right about blog friends! That was the reason I started link up. Read more thoughts, write mine, and more friends. Excited to know you more Miranda, and I fancy your fiction.
Happy valentine!

Fillia Damai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Britney said...

these are so great! I love all of your little valentines :) thanks for linking up with us!

Jess said...

Great valentines! I especially loved the ones to your roomies, to blogging, writing, and journaling, and to God. some of my best memories from college all deal with my roommates, writing certainly can be freeing, and God above allows it all to be. So thankful for that! :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.