Oh, Monday...It's You Again

"Mothers hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but hold our hearts forever."

Well, another weekend has come and gone. I swear, each one goes by faster than the last. Sunday nights always make me a little sad, because I know that Monday is right around the corner and there is another long week ahead. However, I am also super thankful that weekends exist, especially when they are wonderful ones like this one was.

My mom came up to Tallahassee to spend the weekend with me, and it was wonderful. We got pedicures, went on a mini adventure to Thomasville, Georgia, relaxed, went to church, and did some shopping. Oh, and of course ate some delicious meals along the way. Calories don't count during mother/daughter weekends, am I right?

I'm so thankful for the close relationship that I have with my mom, and the time that I get to spend with her is never taken for granted. I hope she knows just how much I love her, even though she is on spring break and has the next week off from work while I still have to go work away in the office. Ha ha...no hard feelings though. Well, maybe just a few. ;)

How was your weekend? Did you do anything new or exciting?

12 comments

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

That sounds like such a nice weekend! My mom is close only an hour south in Sarasota so I get to see her a lot which is nice :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

So much fun! I was just thinking last night I wish my mom or my sister were girly so I had someone to go get a pedi with!

DawnMarie said...

Glorious. Mommie time is the absolute best. And there is no calorie counting when mommies are around. xo

The Rachael Way said...

I spent time with my mom this weekend, too! I had such a good time!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

So sweet. I get to see my momma for lunch today and am super-excited!!


Big Apple, Little Bites

Vicky Hunt said...

Randa....I had the BEST time! I loved every minute of the weekend...even when I was not feeling so good, lol! Thank you for everything and for always welcoming me with open arms...I love you more than life.

Forever, Mama

Erin LFF said...

I'm so glad your mom come to come visit :) Pedi's shopping and relaxing sound great!! This coming weekend my mom and I are going to a women's conference together and I'm really looking forward to some quality time together!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend with your mom! I need a pedi bad!

LeeLee said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Hope you have an amazing week!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Awww... so nice that you got to spend time with your mom! You gals look so much alike!

Alicia Mackin said...

Oh yes Mondays can suck for sure. Love your photos and glad you can at least enjoy your weekends!

Allie of ALLIE NYC
allienyc.com

Kiki said...

Weekends are the best--and I agree, they each seem to be shorter and shorter! Now that I'm working full-time, I really and truly appreciate weekends even more. :)

It looks like you had a great weekend! Spending time with my mom is something I've learned not to take for granted, too. Especially when good food and shopping is involved!