6 A.M.

It's 6:00 A.M. on a Sunday morning, and I have been sitting awake for nearly an hour. 

Why does sleep not come soundly lately? Better yet, why doesn't it come on days that I am actually able to sleep in? 

Maybe I'm still running on yesterday's fumes. I was up before 8:00, and by 12:00 I had deep cleaned my room and bathroom, took photos and uploaded them, and opened my Etsy shop for the first time. (There is more about this coming on Tuesday, but for now you can click over and check it out here. I also scheduled blog posts through Thursday, and ran errands. It was the most productive Saturday I have had in a good while. 

Maybe I'm just too uncomfortable to sleep. Remember that sunburn I got last weekend?


Well, it has officially turned into an itchy, peeling mess. No amount of lotion is helping at this point in time. If you have ever had a bad sunburn, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Also, dead skin is GROSS. It has no mercy and it clings to everything. I'm sorry if that was too much information, but it has reached a very frustrating point. 

I really just want to get up and start my day, but it isn't even 6:30 and I have nothing to do or nowhere to be until church at 11:00. I think I'll find something to watch on Netflix. Yeah...that sounds like a solution. 

What do you do when you have trouble sleeping? 

3 comments

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Oh my gosh I loooove peeling off dead sunburn skin! So gross, I know! haha

Meg said...

Ok. This is weird. I actually like peeling the dead skin from sunburn. Only my own though! Ha! I know. Yuck.

Laney NightOwl said...

What you need is after sun lotion. It works wonders. Either by ocean potion or banana boat. Which ever you want to get. Make sure if you get the ocean potion one you get the regular after sun lotion and not the lotion that helps make you brown b/c I'm still not too sure i like that one or not. although it works but if you dont put it every where then you look weird b/c it makes you turn brown if you use it enough. if that makes sense.