4.02.2014

A Day in the Life

"Day in the life" type posts have been circulating around over the past couple of weeks. Initially, I had told myself that there is nothing even slightly entertaining about my day to day activities, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it anyway. So, here we are...a week day in the world of Miranda. 

6:00 AM
Alarm goes off. Hit snooze.

Via Google
6:10 AM
Snooze.

6:20 AM
Snooze. Again.

6:30 AM
Get up. Just kidding...snooze.

6:40 AM
This is getting embarrassing, but...snooze. 

6:50 AM
Get up. No, seriously this time.

Via Google
6:55 AM
Shower. Brush teeth. Hair. Makeup. Deodorant. Get dressed. Jewelry. Perfume. In that precise order...except extremely rushed.

7:35 AM
Go downstairs and find stuff to pack for lunch. This normally includes canned soup, an apple, and a granola bar. Sometimes I substitute a frozen Lean Cuisine for the soup. I also fill my Tervis up with ice water, and sometimes grab something for breakfast. I'm not much of a breakfast eater though. (I know, I know...breakfast is the most important meal of the day.)

7:40 AM
Grab my keys off of the hook, get in my car, hit the road, and fight some lovely traffic all the way across town. Oh, and sometimes cry in anticipation of the work day. But only sometimes. 

Via Google
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Work, work, work, work, work.

Via Google
12:00 PM to 12:30 PM (Or 1 PM, depending on how long of a lunch I take)
FOOD. I usually shut my office door and take advantage of the quiet time to be antisocial for a bit. I need rejuvenation! Plus I'm usually starving and don't want people to see me stuffing my face.

Via Google
12:30 PM (or 1 PM) to 4:30 PM (or 5 PM)
More work, of course! 

4:30 PM (or 5 PM)
Work is over, and I have declared FREEDOM! Then I drive home.

Via Google
6:00 PM
Every day is a little different after 5. Sometimes I have my Dave Ramsey class. Sometimes I have Bible study. Some days I exercise. Sometimes I have plans with friends. If I don't have anything to do, which is most days, I come home and spend the evening writing, blogging, working on calligraphy, or catching up on any TV shows I watch. Dinner also falls in here somewhere. 

10:00 PM
Put on pajamas, wash my face, brush my teeth, and spend a few minutes reading or finishing up a blog post. 

10:30 PM
My favorite part of the day...sleep! Goodnight world!

Via Google

The Nanny Jenny said...

Your day sounds a lot like mine! If I am not in bed by 10:30 then I am a wreck the next day haha!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Your GIFS crack me up!! So does your snoozing at the very beginning of the day.

I'm not a breakfast person either, unless I have some left over dinner I loved so much I can't wait for lunch time to eat it. :)

Elizabeth at Southern Finesse said...

hahah I basically could have written this myself! It really is embarrassing how many times I hit snooze in the morning. It's become a real bad habit.

Nadine Lynn said...

I used to hit snooze that many times!!! I don't do it anymore, usually I am up after I hit snooze the first time but MAN that is a hard habit to break! Your GIFs are hilarious! Props for the Rugrats one!!!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Bahahaha... all the snoozing! :)

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

LOL the gifs perfectly describe your day!

-kathy | Vodka and Soda

Angela said...

I love these posts too! Definitely helps you get to know a blogger better. :)

A Life Less Traveled said...

I'm a chronic snooze button pusher myself. What can I say I love sleep?

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Your gifs are hilarious!! I especially love the cat driving, and Jim Carrey typing! And you're not alone in the crying on the way to work thing :-( I'm glad you posted this, love reading these!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.