Blogged Up


Well, hey there. Remember me? I'm the writer of this here blog. Or, at least I was before I disappeared for a week and a half. Do I need to re-introduce myself or are we good? I'm just going to assume that we're good.

So, what was intended to be a one day blogging break somehow multiplied...by like nine days. Just like any other consistent blogger, I kicked myself every day that went by without a new post. However, I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy not having to worry about scheduling new posts out for the week. Blogging is hard work. Some of the most enjoyable hard work I have ever experienced, but still hard work nonetheless. Sometimes us bloggers don't realize how truly "blogged up" our brains are. Our minds are constantly consumed with thoughts of content, page views, replying to other bloggers, and commenting on posts other than our own. It can become overwhelming, especially if blogging is your "second job," and you depend on keeping up with it in your free time.

Miranda Writes (formerly Young, and In Progress) has been in existence for nearly a year and a half. That's a pretty decent time period. During last week's hiatus, I realized that I don't even remember how it feels to not be a blogger. When you are a blogger, your life kind of revolves around what you're going to post about. Everyday life stops being "life" and becomes potential writing content. It's easy to become obsessed with picking out thoughts, events, pictures, and stories that are "blog worthy." And, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I actually think it's a great thing, because one day when I'm old and gold I can look back at this little internet space and see visuals of all of my favorite memories. However, even good things need a little break, and that's why I decided to disappear for a bit.

So what have I been up to over the past couple of weeks? I have been spending lots of time with my friends, enjoying the beautiful warm weather, working on projects for Miranda [Hand]writes, and focusing on appreciating the good and brushing away the bad. A lot of change is popping up in my life lately...and I will elaborate on that at a later date.

Also, here are the three winners of the giveaway I threw for my Etsy shop opening. I will be emailing you all soon to find out what print you want and get your addresses! Thanks to everyone who entered!

Amanda from Voyage of the MeeMee
Elizabeth from Southern Finesse
Nadine from Life by Nadine Lynn

6 comments

Sara Blinder said...

It's funny how much time we spend thinking about our blogs.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I totally hear you on enjoying time away from blogging. As much as we love it, stepping back can sometimes be SUCH a relief!
I'm so excited I won!!!! I never win!!! Yayyyyyyy! :D

~*Night Owl*~ said...

Sometimes its good to stay away from blog at times. It helps at times.

http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/04/youre-not-perfect.html

Elizabeth at Southern Finesse said...

It seems like a lot of bloggers (me included) decided last week was the time to take a little break. Which works out great for taking a break since you have less posts to come back to. haha

I hear you on looking at life through the lens of blog content too. I do that all the time!

Yay, I won!! I'm with Amanda, I never win! :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I have been enjoying not thinking about blogging even while I am if that makes sense.

I'm glad you're back, I came to see what I missed yesterday and noticed it was nothing. I felt happy and sad all at the same time!

Kiki said...

I completely agree with you on bloggers' brains. We really do live and breathe blogging! I can't even tell you how many times I'll be trying to fall asleep and then I'll randomly come up with a blog post idea or something, haha.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your blogging break. We all need a break and refresher every now and then!