4.07.2014

Just a Few More Days?

Well, my long weekend is already over. Can I pretty please just have a few more days? I just want a bit more time to enjoy the sand and the sun and the water. I can't? I have to go back to work now? Oh...well, okay then.

All whining aside, I really did have a nice little mini vacation down in the St. Pete/Clearwater Beach area. Florida is such a beautiful state, and I love living here! It always amazes me that a short car ride can bring me right to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

I will be sharing more pictures as the week goes on. I have a camera full of them! Today though, I just wanted to pop in to do a short recap through Instagram pictures. By the way, you should follow me @mirandamhunt. Instagram is my most favorite social media app, and I love following and meeting new people!


//Lunch at the Palm Pavilion on Friday. I had the coconut shrimp with marmalade dipping sauce. It was divine...and I don't even like coconut!

//Beach essentials...sandals, a giant beach towel, a good book, and some trusty sunblock.

//We found a perfect little lemonade stand while walking around Clearwater Beach. Lemonade just tastes so much better when you're near the water. 

//Friday night we drove down to the boat dock to catch some bait for the next day's fishing trip. The setting was so tranquil as the sun was going down, and you could barely see the lights of Clearwater Beach in the distance. 

//Up bright and early for a day of fishing! Preparing to hop on board and head out. It was a gorgeous morning. 

//Eight hours on a boat left me with my first sunburn of the year. My face managed to stay protected pretty well, but by arms, shoulders, and back are a different story. Hopefully frequent use of my after sun lotion will eventually transform this into a tan. 

How was your weekend? Did you have some nice spring weather to enjoy?

Also, my post that I had scheduled for last Friday obviously didn't post. My apologies, because I had promised you all a new edition of Fiction on Friday. Originally, I thought Blogger had some sort of malfunction, but it was actually me who made the stupid mistake of just saving the post as a draft when I thought I had scheduled it. I guess I was so anxious to get to the beach that I momentarily lost my blogging abilities. Regardless, it will definitely, without a doubt, but up this Friday. Just thought that deserved an explanation!

Happy Monday! 

Thirty Something Girl said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, hanging out with your girlies. Looking forward to seeing more pictures x

Halie @ Life in the Sunshine said...

Such a lovely looking weekend! And you're right - Florida really does have some of the most gorgeous beaches. We're so lucky to live here!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I'm so glad you had a good time, I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!!

Nadine Lynn said...

I really really REALLY want to go to the beach. Yesterday! Hope you had a fun time!

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

You had such gorgeous weather and you were totally in my neck of the woods! Glad you had such a fabulous time!

A Life Less Traveled said...

I love Clearwater. Definitely one of my favorite beaches to go in Florida.

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Looks like you had an awesome weekend, I am super jealous! I can't wait til next month when I come down to Florida, I really hope I get to see you!

Hallie Oceanside said...

St. Pete is so fun and gorgeous! I am glad you had such a great weekend! Next time you will have to visit Sarasota!:)

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

So jealous of your beach time!!!!!!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.