4.01.2014

One Thousand Gifts (26-50)

"Each day provides its own gifts."
-Marcus Aurelius 

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that one of my goals over the next year or so is to make a list of 1,000 gifts and blessings that I have in my life. Making this list is giving me an extra reason to focus on the positive, and to really dig deep and notice every little amazing detail in my life. I thought that since today is April 1st, the beginning of a new month, it would be the perfect time to share the next 25. (And no, this isn't an April Fool's prank of any kind, ha ha.)



Twenty-six. Big, cold glasses of ice water. I can't think of anything that is more refreshing.

Twenty-seven. Lazy Sundays with friends.

Twenty-eight. Sea salt spray for wavy hair. That stuff is a lifesaver.

Twenty-nine. The striking view of a blue, cloudless sky.

Thirty. The combination of freshly baked brownies and vanilla ice cream.

Thirty-one. Pizza. Just pizza in general.

Thirty-two. Long chats with old high school friends.

Thirty-three. The smell of a freshly cleaned house.

Thirty-four. T-shirts and all of their comfortable glory.

Thirty-five. My beach trip that is coming up this weekend!

Thirty-six. Sunlight filtering through blinds and lighting up a room on a spring day.

Thirty-seven. My giant collection of beloved books.

Thirty-eight. The ability to capture memories in photographs.

Thirty-nine. Pedicures and bright nail polish.

Forty. Lying down on cool sheets at the end of a long day.

Forty-one. My Compassion International friend, Benji!

Forty-two. Hearing a song that you used to love but had forgotten about.

Forty-three. Riding with the windows down.

Forty-four. Four day work weeks!

Forty-five. The pleasure of reading all of your favorite blogs.

Forty-six. Coffee combined with a good book.

Forty-seven. Hugs from people you hold most dear.

Forty-eight. A nice compliment from someone you don't even know.

Forty-nine. The comfort of having an established emergency fund.

Fifty. Meeting new people.

50 gifts down...950 to go! If it's this easy to list them every time, this project will be complete in no time. What are some of your everyday gifts?


Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I need to get me some sea salt spray, what kind do you use? And I love a freshly cleaned house!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I love these lists! I can't wait to see pictures from your beach trip, snapchats of the ocean are always lovely. :)

Kimberly said...

Love the idea behind this list / post! Thanks for sharing! It's always good to sit back and be thankful for the smallest things! =)

k i m b e r l y l u x e +
f r o m a w i l d f l o w e r

Meghan Kraft said...

Wow - 1000 gifts. That's some intense dedication! I'm a big fan of cool sheets and windows rolled alll the way down in the summertime. Perfect :)

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

What a great list! 4 day workweeks I am so down with that!

Nadine Lynn said...

I love this list!!! So important to remember the little things in life that makes us happy!

Vanilla ice cream over a warm brownie sounds like a little slice of heaven right now!!!!!!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.