Step Away

I went off-shore fishing when I was in Clearwater Beach this past weekend. It was grand.

I have to be honest with you though...the actual fishing isn't my favorite part. Sure, it's fun (and eventually tasty) to reel up some grouper and grunt. It's also fun to partake in a little bit of trash talking, because really, what is an activity without a little bit of competition? However, the act of catching the fish is just a very small portion of why I enjoy going. 

In reality, I LOVE being on the boat. I love loading up, riding away, and watching the shore become less and less obvious to the eye. I love the speed, I love how the water sprays up behind the boat, and I love how the wind attacks every single part of you. I love being carried out to sea, where all of the hustle and bustle of life on dry land ceases to exist. When you're out on the open water, there is nothing to be distracted by. There is nothing to worry about. 

Sometimes, when life gets too stressful, you just have to step away from it all. I don't necessarily mean that you literally have to get on a boat and drive 12 miles off of the shore, but the concept itself is key. Every now and then, you simply have to give yourself time to breathe; time to disconnect. It can make all of the difference. Live your life, but don't forget to give your brain time to recuperate...even if it's just for a few minutes.

P.S. Sorry for the overabundance of pictures!

P.P.S. I have a job interview today at 11:00. I would really appreciate any thoughts/prayers/good vibes that you have lying around! :)

















12 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

You got this girl! Good luck!! Text me after and let me know how it goes!!

Halie @ Life in the Sunshine said...

Totally agree with you on that. And no need to apologize for lots of lovely pictures!

Good luck at your interview today!!

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Ahhh I love all your pictures, they are so relaxing.

Yayy for an interview, they're going to love you!

Dawn @ Life in the Sack said...

I am completely yearning for some water time.

You will rock it today!!

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Good luck on the job interview!

I love boat rides too :-) The water is so calming.

Nadine Lynn said...

LOVE you pictures!

Good luck today girl! You are going to nail it!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Good luck on the interview... I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park! :)

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Beautiful photos! Hope your interview went well!

Sara Blinder said...

I absolutely love the ocean. I don't know what it is, but it calls to me!

Hope your interview went well! :-)

Laney NightOwl said...

love the pics. awesome pics :D I'm now following you.

Alexia Pimentel said...

Good luck on your interview! You can do it! And I wish I had someone to take me out on a boat it looks really nice :)

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

oh, i wish i could be on a boat fishing in the sun as well.

hope the interview went well!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda