Wash Away the Worries

During this past weekend, I realized something about the beach: It's literally the perfect place for relaxing not only your body, but your mind as well.

Friday, while I was lying on the sand soaking up some sun on a perfect spring day, I was more at peace than I had been in weeks. It wasn't necessarily because I wasn't letting myself think. In fact, I may have been thinking about things more than usual, but I was able to look at them in a more positive mindset. The setting of surf and sand had such a way of allowing me to ponder and reflect on some stresses, while also providing me with the comfort that change really is ahead, and amazing things are coming. 

I felt like my worries were being washed away by the same waves that were lapping onto the shore just a few yards away from my sand-covered feet. And, guess what? I was actually willing to let the worries go. For once, I didn't attempt to hold onto them...I just let them be carried out to sea. It was refreshing. 

How do you let go of your worries? Where are your places of relaxation? 










10 comments

Halie @ Life in the Sunshine said...

So true! The beach can definitely be such a relaxing, peaceful place. Great book by the way - did you see the movie too? Oh, and I love your beach pictures :)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I want to see your beaches so badly! They look beautiful.

One of the many reason's I live here is that the ocean soothes my troubled soul.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

i think it's something about the sound of the waves, the smell of the ocean and the sand that promotes relaxation and a sense of tranquility. i wish i could live near or on a beach!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Nadine Lynn said...

Oh girl, you are speaking my language! Nothing is more relaxing than hearing the waves crashing in to wash away all worries.

Elizabeth at Southern Finesse said...

Beaches really are the best place to go relax. I swear when I head to a beach for a vacation I can feel the little worries slip away as the miles tick by. I need a vacation ASAP!

Jessica Jean-Marie said...

As soon as I read you were in Clearwater, I got super happy. That's the beach we normally go to. It's only about 30 minutes away from us! So glad that you had a chance to relax. I've always been so fond of the ocean. It puts my heart at ease :)

Kelly @ [Big Apple, Little Bites] said...

Aw I'm glad you had such a nice time at the beach. Weather and settings really affect my mood. The beach is my happy/relaxing place too!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

I love the beach. I dream about the ocean a LOT. It's really really weird how often! haha

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Sounds so relaxing!! I can only imagine!

Thirty Something Girl said...

Hi Miranda.

Great choice of book! I've just downloaded it to my Kindle. Hope you enjoy it. I really want to see the movie as well. x