5 Questions to Ask Yourself

I was paroozing the internet a couple of days ago when I came across this article:

 
Intrigued, I decided to read it. I am a thinker, therefore I ask myself a lot of questions. I figured...why not add five more to the list? These questions were designed to really help a person examine their life, and figure out exactly what is going on in terms of levels of happiness. I enjoyed answering these personally, so I thought I would share my answers as well as encourage you all to answer them for yourself.
 
 
1. How happy am I overall, today, out of 10?
My happiness level definitely varies from day to day. Today specifically, I would say I'm at about a 5 out of 10. It was just a typical Thursday...nothing terrible or life-changing happened. It wasn't a bad day, it wasn't a spectacular day. Therefore, a 5 out of 10 seems like a pretty logical rating.
 
2. What type of life do I want to lead?
I want to live a life that is pleasing to myself, to my loved ones, and most importantly, to God. I want to be able to make the most out of even the smallest, mundane occurrences. I want to be happy with my life, and I want to use my talents to make a difference in the world around me. I don't want to settle for mediocrity. I want to work hard, live successfully, and live honestly.
 
3. What does success look like to me?
Success means doing everything possible to achieve dreams, while making the most out of the situation you are in currently. Goals are going to change often, but the most important thing is making the best out of every day. As long as I give everything my all, show people how much I love them, try new things, and see new places...I'm going to feel pretty darn successful.
 
4. What brings me joy?
So many things...music, theatre, reading, writing, sunshine, inside jokes, fresh sheets, my friends and family, new friends, traveling, sunrises and sunsets, the beach, singing...I could go on and on.
 
5. What can I do in the next two weeks to bring more joy, passion, and purpose to my life?
I really need to focus on being patient, and making the most out of my current situations. I am constantly trying to hurry my life on to the next big step, and I'm missing out on so many important things. I want to learn how to push away my depression, and change my mindset rather than my circumstances. I need to realize that all good things happen in due time, and that time is not always exactly when I want it.
 
Did these questions help you realize anything about yourself? What are some things you're doing in order to revive your happiness?
 


2 comments

~*Night Owl*~ said...

I loved this and loved it even more when I read that you want to do things that are even more pleasing to God. Never lose your faith in God. He will lead the way. His plan is better than the plan we have for ourselves.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

Life of a Little Songbird said...

Ive really been struggling with that whole "make the most out of your situation" thing. I need to do this with my current job. I love my job but not the people I work with. I need to not let 1 person ruin my whole day. I am working on this.