5.05.2014

Time Marches On

I'm obviously having a difficult time getting back into the swing of things around here.

My mood is a work in progress lately. Life is in a vortex of change; some good, and some not so good. My happiness levels have been super up and down, I find myself doing things that are highly uncharacteristic of me, and my sleep schedule averages out to something around four hours a night. I'm feeling very incapable of handling everything right now, but...time marches on, and I have to cope with it the best that I possibly can.

That's one funny thing about life...when things are in chaos, it doesn't stop to wait for you to catch up. If anything, it continues on at an even faster pace, tossing in more obstacles and multiplying emotional struggles. But somehow, things always come out right in the end. After all of the stress and anxiety, the skies once again return to a clear forecast.

This past weekend was very bittersweet. A few of my friends graduated from FSU, so I spent the weekend attending parties and congratulating graduates. I love graduations. They are a symbol of both endings and beginnings. A fact that was extra prominent over the weekend was that it was Alyssa's last weekend of being part of our little roommate trio. We said our goodbyes yesterday, and it made us all a little somber. Things are going to be a lot different without Alyssa around, but I know that she is on to bigger and better things. Plus, we will always have the memories. That's the most important part, right?

We had one last little photo shoot at her graduation dinner on Saturday night. Each time I look at these pictures all I can think is...friendship is such a beautiful thing. I always find it interesting to think about how you can go such a long portion of your life without knowing someone, but then when they become a friend your life is changed from the moment forward. That's how I feel about these girls, and all of the friends that I have been fortunate enough to encounter throughout my life. They are all a major part of the person I am, and the person that I am continuing to become.

If that isn't something to be thankful for, I don't know what is.




Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Awwww such great pictures, just think where ever Alyssa is going you will have a free place to crash when you visit! One of the benefits to everyone moving on. :)

Nadine Lynn said...

Saying goodbye to a roommate is so hard! It always feels weird after they leave, like the dynamic changes some. BUT you always have the memories!!! And what Kelli said, maybe a free place to crash elsewhere?!

~*Night Owl*~ said...

Love the pics. It's always difficult getting back into the swing of things. Esp if you had a relaxing weekend and have to go back to school/work. That's never fun. My moods have its ups and downs but it's sometimes over things I have no control over. Things happen for a reason. God doesn't give you things he knows you can't handle. Congrats to your room mates although I know you're happy for them but sad too at the same time right? I would be. It's always sad to say goodbye to someone. Even though you may be really good friends and stay in touch.

Kallie @ But First, Coffee said...

Great pics so cute!! It always is tricky getting back into routine! Graduations are always exciting though!!
Kallie @ But First, Coffee

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.