Cat Selfies and Other Things

A couple of weekends ago I was down in my hometown for my cousin Taylor's graduation, and I ended up being really sick for most of the weekend. Cough, fever, stuffy nose, sore throat...you know...all of that fun stuff. Because of being sick, I spent a large portion of my time posted up on the couch in a Benadryl-induced coma. Benadryl is serious stuff. If you're not sleeping while under its influence, you are most likely speaking in incoherent sentences or doing other strange things. In my case, one of those strange things was taking a few selfies with my mom's cat, Cruella. She has crawled up on the back of the couch behind me, and my brain told me that I obviously couldn't pass up the opportunity to take several a couple of dark, grainy pictures with her. I don't want you guys to question my sanity more than you already have, so I'm only going to share one of them. She was obviously super thrilled.


I know you're probably expecting me to take the cat selfie story and turn it into some sort of reflection on life, but that definitely isn't going to happen. I wouldn't even know where to begin a "the journey of life is like a series of selfies with your cat" type post. Even the most professional blogger probably wouldn't be able to pull that one out of their hat. I could always go off of the basis that Cruella the cat makes me happy, and a lot of things are making me happy lately. Yeah...we'll go with that thought process.

I'm almost finished with my training period of my new job. I can't believe I've been there for almost four weeks already. There is so much to learn every day, and the days fly by because I stay pretty darn busy. It's a pretty fast-paced environment, and I enjoy that. It makes me feel like I'm truly contributing to the good of the company. When I was in my old job, I had so many mornings where I couldn't even bring myself to get out of bed and get ready until the last minute because I dreaded going into the office so much. Now, going to work in the morning is something that I don't mind doing. Maybe some of that is because it's still so new, and I'm sure when the new wears off I will have days that I would rather sleep in. However, I know that I will never be in tears over the thought of going to work, and that in itself is a huge blessing.

Amber and I only have about one more month left in our current house. We are moving into a new apartment in mid-July. I'm not looking forward to moving, but at the same time I am. I am excited about the location of the new place, because it's away from FSU's campus and all of the students. It's also really close to my office, and I will probably be able to make it to work in about four minutes. The apartment itself is also really nice, and having a new space to make my own will be fun. On the other end of the spectrum though, I am not liking the thought of having to pack up everything and actually physically move. I'm settled in here, and it's always a little hard to leave somewhere that you're comfortable. However, I also know that we will be settled in the new place faster than we think.

There are a couple of other exciting things going on right now too, but they're too new to really mention anything about here. I'm excited about the potential though, and maybe one day soon I will actually be able to talk about them. You never know what direction life is going to go, so anything is possible! That is something I am certainly learning lately. I used to think it was a bad thing, but recently I'm noticing that uncertainty can be a pretty positive thing too. It all depends on how you look at your circumstances.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I can't believe it's been almost 4 weeks already, gosh time flies!! I am so happy things are going great for you :-)

A Life Less Traveled said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your new job. That is exactly how I felt when I switched jobs in 2013. It was nice to go from dreading getting to work to actually enjoy learning a new job.

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

Yayyy I'm so glad you're loving your new job!

Ummm things that have potential sound interesting....hmmmmmmm. ;)