6.04.2014

What I'm Watching Lately

I bet you thought I wasn't going to show today, huh? You were thinking, "Well, Miranda fell through on yet another promise of being back to blogging regularly." I know that's what was running through your mind...don't even try to hide it. Anyway, I may be late but I'm certainly here! With my new job, my blogging schedule is going to have to change. I won't be writing posts or reading/commenting on blogs until the evenings now. It will take some getting used to, but it will work!

I was thinking earlier today...I seem to watch more TV during the summer than I do during the rest of the year combined. Maybe it's because better shows come on during the summer, or most of the ones that I like just happen to be on around the same time. Who knows? I don't necessarily think it's either one of those reasons though, because I don't just watch brand new episodes of stuff...I watch a lot of re-runs too. Maybe the reason is because I don't get to go on any actual vacations, so books and movies become my way to escape for a little while at a time.

I figured it would be fun to share a list of some of the things I have been watching recently. These are also going to keep me entertained for the rest of the warmer months. Fun and sun is great, but sometimes it's nice to relax in front of the TV too. And there are much less UV rays involved.

Miranda's Giant List of Worthy TV Shows
 
1. So You Think You Can Dance
I'm watching this as I type. SYTYCD is perhaps my favorite show ever. The concepts of the routines are brilliant, and the choreography is so beautiful no matter what the style. The show does a perfect job of portraying the art of dance. If you like dance, or anything to do with the performing arts, you have to watch this show if you don't already.
 
 
2. The Middle
My addiction to this show came on QUICK. The only reason I watched the first episode I came across was because nothing else was catching my attention. And you know what? this show is hilarious! It's dysfunctional family humor at its' finest.
 

3. The Big Bang Theory
There is really no explanation for this one. It's just perfection all around. If it's on, I have to watch it. End of story.
 


 
4. Orange is the New Black
Netflix brings it back on Friday! I am so super excited. This is not the type of show that I would generally go for, but after several recommendations I watched the first episode and I was hooked. The storyline is brilliant, and it is the perfect mix of seriousness and humor. I'm dying to see what happens in season two!
 
 
What shows are on your "must watch" list?



Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I don't actually watch any these but I've heard good things about Orange is the New Black

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

I want Netflix only for orange is the new black. My favorite summer show starts in July, Big Brother! :)

Jess said...

SYTYCD is my favorite!!!! I love that it's summer, so I can watch again :)

Sara Blinder said...

For some odd reason I love cooking competitions. We're all about Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.