8.25.2014

An Apology to YOU, Plus 5 Useless Pieces of Information

One of the worst results of not blogging regularly over the past few months is definitely the fact that I have lost a good majority of my readers. When I say this, I'm not bummed out about my lower stats or the fact that I am obviously receiving less comments...I'm upset that I have lost some of the blogging relationships that I had before.

When life began to go down hill, I didn't only post less...I stopped responding to comments. I stopped commenting on blogs. I stopped reading blogs. I stopped maintaining the connections that were so important to me. I have even neglected to mail out the gifts to the winners of the giveaway that I hosted for the opening of my Etsy shop a few months ago. I have overall became one of those "crappy bloggers" that no one wants to be.

So today, I wanted to use the opening of this post to say....I'm sorry. I really am. Everyone who has taken the time to read what I write over the past year and a half has been amazing. I truly value the thoughts, opinions, and even friendships that you have all offered to me. Knowing that I have lost a lot of that because of my neglect really bothers me. I only hope that I can work to re-establish myself and my relationships with my readers.

To anyone who is reading this post, I want to get reacquainted. I'm going to share five "useless" facts about me, and I want you to do the same. After you read this, please comment below and tell me something about yourself that is "useful, yet awesome." Here we go...

1. I can produce a pretty wicked "Stich" impression. I'm kind of proud of it. I only do this for a select few people. Maybe one day I will get brave enough to share it with the internet. Maybe...


Via Google

2. I have really hairy arms. I know you're probably thinking...gross, thanks for sharing. But, it's the truth. Surprisingly it doesn't normally bother me though. I think I'm just used to it. Plus, I feel like shaving or waxing my arms is just WAY more trouble than it's worth. Exhibit A:


3. I LOVE this song, and know every single last word to it, forwards and backwards. I've never done karaoke, but if I were going to, I would sing this song...and crush it.



4. Going to FSU has given me a permanent weakness for anything garnet, gold, or "feathery." I bought two very similar garnet shirts yesterday because "I need them for football season." And my current favorite thing is this feather garland that I bought from a local boutique a couple of weeks ago.


5. I am a sucker for a "pretty sky." I have about 100 pictures of sunrises and sunsets on my phone/camera. This one was taken off of my back balcony a few nights ago.


Now it's your turn...share away in a comment below! Happy Monday to you.
Sara Kent said...

I always read (via Bloglovin) but pretty much never post to anyone's comments because I'm at work and busy. I just wanted to comment today to let you know I'm here and reading (although probably never posting) and I appreciate your open and honest blog. Sometimes I just skim it and others I read every word. You are unique and genuine and that is what makes a good blogger.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

A Life Less Traveled said...

I am glad you are posting again. Life sometimes gets in the way of blogging and there is nothing wrong with that. I also have hairy arms (I blame my Hispanic genes for that one) and of course we share a love for the Seminoles.

Kelli @Just Beachy said...

I've got loads of arm hair too, it's blonde so you can't see it unless you get close.

I'm a sunset/sunrise lover too, I can't stop taking pictures of the sunrise when I walk the dogs every morning. I need an IG account for sunrise/sunset pictures only. :)

Jenn Goodall said...

I can do the worm with my belly, awesome right ?

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

I am glad you're back, you didn't lose me!!

Claire Pridgeon said...

I'm a new follower, but certainly not new to your writing. Love your honesty and courage. As one of your former teachers, you still have a place in my heart.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.