8.24.2014

New Apartment Tour, Part 3

After yesterday's downer of a post, I thought that today would be the perfect time to share the third and final installment of the new apartment tour. If you want to see the parts I have already shared, you can click here for part 1, and here for part 2.

The pictures below include all of our "shared living" space. However, we do each have our own little section for what we have deemed "creative spaces." You will see what I'm talking about as you scroll through. And, just as a warning, this post is pretty picture heavy.

When you walk through the front door of the apartment, this is what you see. Just like in my bedroom, there is a ton of natural light. We almost never turn the lights on for anything. It's wonderful.


To the left is the kitchen, which I won't go too into detail on, because it's nothing too exciting.


Our front door, complete with handy, dandy key rack.


This is our living room space, which is mainly used for watching Netflix if we are being honest. (We are currently watching Weeds, and love it. I'm also working my way through all of the seasons of Scrubs.) I really like the built in entertainment area. We are still wanting something to hang above the arch though.


There's me in the reflection...hello! Also, just in case anyone cares, we got rid of cable and are just using Google Chromecast to stream Netflix and Pandora. Chromecast is so neat. We feel pretty tech savvy when we use it. Plus, not paying for cable saves us quite a bit of money.


Our living room here feels much more "homey" than the living room at our old place.



And here is the first creative space. Our living area in this apartment is pretty large, so we figured that instead of shoving everything into our rooms, we could just use the extra space in the living room.This is Amber's side of the room, and she uses it for all of her crafting and sewing stuff.


Then, on the other side, you have my space. This is my blogging/writing/calligraphy corner. I'm kind of in love with it.


I have an AA and a BS, so both of those are hanging up. The cork board covered in fabric was in my office at my old job. I don't have room for it at my new job, so I just used it to create a collage of some of the pieces I have made.


The vintage ink well was a gift from one of the sweetest women I know. The little brown, tube-like thing there is a calendar. You jut slide it until the 1st of the month is on the correct day. I found it at Goodwill. Pretty cool, huh?


The brown letter tray is from Target. When I first saw it, I didn't let myself by it because I told myself I didn't need it. However, each time I went, I had to look at it so I finally purchased it. They say if you can't get something off your mind, it's okay to buy, right?


The picture is one of my favorites of some of my friends and I. I want a more creative way to store/display my glitter. I'm thinking some type of clear jars would be cool...what do you think?


This is the only thing that I haven't shared. This is the little hallway in between my bedroom and bathroom. I just used some extra things I had to create this space, but I think it turned out pretty cute.


I believe that's it...you have seen every part of my new place. I'm very happy with it, and it's feeling more and more like home every day. Thanks for reading along as I shared!

Vicky Hunt said...

Cute pic Randa! And...you should store your glitter in clear salt and pepper shakers like me silly! I might even have a couple extras to get you started.

Love you, Mama

Sam @ From East To West Coast said...

Did you go to Santa Fe in Gainesville?! I lived in Gainesville for almost 13 years before going to UCF!

Nadine Lynn said...

Looking good! I love how large your living room is and that you were able to each have a corner in it for your own things!

Kelli @Just Beachy said...

I really love your apartment!

Your creative space rocks, I need to do a better job of making my look good.

Heather's Blog said...

I love the new space! I thought your movies were books at first love both ideas:)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.