My Last Weekend as a 24-Year-Old

Well...I'm officially less than a week away from my birthday. This Saturday, September 27th, I will officially be...wait for it...25-YEARS-OLD.

Dun dun dun.

25 has always been that age for me that I thought would never come. Yet, here it is. A teeny, tiny distance of six days away. I have a lot of things that have been running through my mind lately...thoughts of all of the things that I thought would have happened by this age, and thoughts of all of the things that have happened that I never expected to.

As I'm sitting on the couch typing this, I can't help but think about how my last weekend of being less than a quarter of a century old has come to an end. Obviously age doesn't have a big impact on weekends, or even how you choose to spend your time. However, it's always nice to be a little overly sentimental. And, my last weekend under the age of 25 has been well spent. I..

*Spent time with great friends
*Worked for a few hours (but it's okay)
*Did A LOT of reading
*Took a glorious three-hour nap
*Ate some pretty good food
*Watched my Seminoles earn an awesome win
*Enjoyed a lot of time just being "care free"

At the end of this last 24-year-old weekend, I'm feeling very fulfilled. I have so much to be thankful for, and I intend to carry this feeling of fulfillment over into my first 25-year-old weekend. Here's to great weekends!




5 comments

Kelli @Just Beachy said...

Yayy to great weekend!!

Also getting old is fun, I try to remind myself of that when getting old scares me. I'm much happier than I was at 25 and I assume at 45 I'll be even happier!

Dawn @ Life in the Sack and Wisconsin Wilds said...

Sounds glorious. And you and my "baby" boy have the same birthday. It is not confirmed that it is a great day that the world provided us with amazing people.

And Happiness truly does come with age.

Nadine Lynn said...

I was no where near where I thought I was going to be when I turned 25. And now, six years later....so much in my life has changed!!! You just never know :) I always like to embrace whatever comes my way.

It sounds like you had a great weekend! Happy early Birthday!

A Life Less Traveled said...

Happy Birthday! I remember the turning 25 feeling, but it does get better with age.

Dawn DeVanie said...

Happy birthday, honey!