10.26.2014

Recent Loves

Let me begin this post by being stereotypical and stating the obvious...

We are smack dab in the middle of the time of year that makes us fall in love. And not just in love with each other, but in love with everything around us.

Fall has a way of making us realize that there are still plenty of wonderful things left in the world, even in the midst of the normal stresses and chaos. Maybe that's where the phrase "FALLing in love" comes from. (Cheesy, I know. But...just go with it.)

Therefore, I thought I would use this opportunity to share a few of the things that I have been loving recently. Let's proceed...

1. The "Film Scores" station on Pandora.
Here's a nerdy little fact about me that you maybe didn't know...I love movie music. It gives me goose bumps. I find it amazing how the music in a movie scene is the biggest contributor to making you feel the emotions you should be feeling at that time. And gosh...how I wish life actually had music playing in the background. I'm actually listening to the station as I type, and the current score is from part one of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Bam. One of my favorite scores ever is from Requiem for a Dream. The movie is crazy intense and borderline disturbing, and I will probably never, ever watch it again...but the music gets me every time. Take a listen...


2. My New Camera
Okay, so as you can tell in the picture below, it's definitely not a real camera. It's a decorative camera I found at Ross for $6.00, but I LOVE it. I snatched that thing off the shelf at lighting speed. It is currently in its' temporary home on my desk. I'm still trying to decide exactly where I want to put it. And, a related side note: I'm hopefully about to buy an ACTUAL DSLR camera. Fingers crossed.


3. Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream
I almost have no words to describe this ice cream. It's like a Girl Scout Thin Mint in ice cream form. It's so flippin' good! When I go grocery shopping, I let myself buy one "bad sweet" to bring home, and lately...it's always this.

Via Google
4. New Blogging Endeavors
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I now co-author another blog with my friend Elena. Embracing the Road Less Traveled is something that is really new and exciting for both of us. It's very small right now, and still under some construction...but we are confident that we are going to do big things with this blog. We take turns posting...I post on Mondays and Elena posts on Thursdays. Click HERE to check it out...we are always up for some feeback!

Embracing the Road Less Traveled
 
5. Basic Fall Things
And...last but not least, because I AM a human being...I'm really enjoying fall. It's just filled with so many fun things...like pumpkins, and decorations, and weather that is below 95 degrees, and Halloween-themed wine. What's not to love? (Shout out to my roomie/BFF Amber for making the super cute fall banner!)
 
 


 
 
Vicky Hunt said...

Love the camera! I would have bought it too...:) That shirt looks familiar...lol! And..the wine yummy! Have a great week.

Love you, Mama

Kelli @Just Beachy said...

Love that camera! I'm always on the look out for a cool looking old camera I can use for my shelves.

I also love the Halloween wine bottles, Halloween is so fun!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I've been all about peppermint lately so I definitely need to try that ice cream- yum!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.