5.12.2015

A Weekend in Tampa

My mom and I took a little mini vacation this past weekend, and it was wonderful.

As a gift this past Christmas, my parents bought me tickets to see Broadway's Beauty and the Beast at the Straz Center for the Performing Arts in Tampa. My mom and I decided to make a weekend of it, and have ourselves a little getaway. Therefore, we had a three-day weekend full of shopping, yummy food, and some much needed mother-daughter time. Also, Beauty and the Beast was phenomenal. I don't think I will ever be able to truly express the joy that I get from musicals and the performing arts in general.

It was a fabulous weekend. I'm really cherishing the time that I'm spending with my family and friends lately, because in just a few weeks (80 days, to be exact), I'm going to be moving very far away from everyone that I love. I only hope that my Mama realizes how much the time spent with her this weekend meant to me!

Now, to share a few pictures:


//On the road to Tampa!
//Our hotel, which was right next door to the Straz Center!
//It was a perfect day to walk downtown for some lunch. 
//Lunch from Taco Bus.


//The view from our hotel room. 
//In front of the sign for the show. 
//Me in front of the Straz Center. 
//Mama with the super colorful statue in front of the hotel. 


//Downtown Tampa. 
//Chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.

That's about all I have for today. I'm off to pack my lunch for tomorrow and then probably be in bed by 9pm. Sometimes I think I'm 65 instead of 25...
Vicky Hunt said...

I definitely realize how much it meant to you because it meant the same to me! I love you so much and look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a great day tomorrow and get some sleep you old lady you! :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.