5.17.2015

Prague "Czech"list


Moving abroad comes with a lot of preparations...obviously.

Over the past few months, my mind and my desk have been swirling with mental and literal to-do lists of things that I need to accomplish before I board my flight on July 31st. Some things are major, and some are minor, but they are all extremely important in making sure that this move goes as smoothly as it possibly can. Of course, I have already accomplished most of the major things:

✓Passport
✓ Plane ticket
✓ TEFL tuition

Travel insurance is the last really major thing that I need to purchase. I'm hoping to do that sometime this week. I also still need to do things like make copies of all of my important documents, such as my passport, birth certificate, ID, etc. (one set to take with me and one to leave here with my parents) just in case something gets lost or stolen.

I'm in a constant process of trying to sell anything and everything that I possibly can, and also trying to decide what things I for sure want to leave in storage here in the states. Plus, I'm about to actively begin trying to sell my car, which is kind of bittersweet because I have had it for so long, but also necessary for the move as I obviously won't need it.

And, of course, there are still a million other little things that I have to figure out, such as my cell phone, moving out of my apartment, cancelling all of my services and bills that I won't need here anymore, getting any mail that I will still receive forwarded...

The list goes on and on. Luckily, I'm not having to work on the process of obtaining my Visa on top of all of this. I can stay in the Czech Republic as a tourist for up to 90 days, and the language school that I"m getting my TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certification through helps with the Visa process while I'm there. All I have to say about that is...thank goodness!

Lately, to distract myself from worrying to death about all of the huge things on my "czech"list, I think about the minor things...such as luggage, packing, travel necessities...you know, the "fun stuff." That's why I'm so excited to be able to say that I can now cross the largest item on the "fun stuff" category off of my list.

✓Suitcase

Now, of course I already own a suitcase, but it's small, and old, and nowhere near what I need to take with me when I move out of the country. I have actually been somewhat picky about choosing a suitcase. Because, first of all, a nice, well made suitcase isn't cheap. And, not that this is the most important thing, but having a suitcase that is visually pleasing/easy to spot is an added perk.

I have priced large suitcases at several different places, and just haven't found one that I was ready to lay down the cash for. Coincidentally though, I went into TJ Maxx yesterday to browse around for something else, and the second I walked in the door the luggage section practically called my name. And boy, was I excited to discover that they had an awesome selection of nice, name brand luggage for way less than anywhere that I have looked. Being the rational person that I am, I debated over four or five and weighed the pros and cons before I finally made my selection. I walked out of the store with a brand new Jessica Simpson suitcase that is the perfect size, and I only paid $79 for it. Yeehaw.






I'm super happy with it, and very glad that I didn't just buy the first suitcase that I came across. This one is super well made, has a great warranty, and...it's cute, which again, is not the most important thing, but it definitely doesn't hurt my feelings either. It is now sitting in the corner of my room, and every time I look at it I get butterflies in my stomach. This is the suitcase that's going to help me move my life to a foreign country. How crazy/scary/exciting/phenomenal/unbelievable/totally awesome is that?

My countdown is now at 75 days to takeoff! I still have A LOT to do in the next 75 days...but I have no doubt that everything will get done.

As always, than you for taking the time to read my ramblings. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.