Rambling, Per the Usual

So, yesterday was Wednesday, AKA: a blogging day_...and I didn't post. In my defense though, it was a very "fly by the seat of my pants" type of day. Between teaching classes, a couple of my friends and I were busy booking a last minute trip to Vienna for this weekend. I also went to trivia night at a local expat café. And booked a trip to Vienna. And had some wine with my friend Jess. And booked a trip to Vienna.

Did I mention that I'm going to Vienna this weekend?

Okay...I'm done being obnoxious. I really am excited though! This Sunday is my birthday, and it's a holiday weekend here in the Czech Republic so there is no work on Monday. I'm going to be spending my 26th birthday in Austria! How awesome is that? I'm currently in the middle of doing laundry and attempting to pack. Tomorrow I teach one class in the morning, then I have to attend my Czech class. After that, I will be on a bus and on my way to explore a new place.

I originally had this super insightful (in my mind, anyway) post planned for this week. I'm not going to give the subject away because I'm sure I will use it at a later date, but when I sat down to write I just wasn't feeling it. I have been up since about 5:45am, so I don't think the philosophical portion of my brain is working at the moment.

Amidst my packing (which at the moment is consisting of staring at the drying rack, willing my clothes to not be sopping wet anymore), I am watching Pitch Perfect 2 and catching up with some people from home via Facebook chat. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that this is the first birthday I will not be celebrating with my family and friends in the states. It has been a year since I celebrated my 25th birthday in Atlanta. In some ways, I can't believe it has already been a year. In other ways, I am feeling very, very far from the person that I was when I turned 25. I have done so much growing as an individual this past year, and I can only imagine how I will continue to grow as I step into the second half of my 20's.

I've decided that I'm not going to whine about the fact that I am turning 26. I will admit...it's eerily close to 30, which is that giant milestone that I never thought I would hit. However, I think that I am finally at a point in life where I am appreciating each day and experience for what it is. I have finally found the ability to go after the things that I want, and to wear my heart on my sleeve. With the way life is going right now, I have no doubt that my late 20's will be the most rewarding years of my life.

I'm going to go ahead and cut this post off before it turns into a cycle of sappiness and dramatics.

P.S. My post for Sunday will most likely not be up until Monday...since I will be in Vienna and will not have my computer. Just a forewarning for those of you who are kind enough to keep up with me. :)

Peace out girl (and boy) scouts. I leave you with the cheesiest of smiles.

8 comments

Medalith said...

Have fun in Vienna, and happy birthday!! You are so young, keep living and learning! Loves from Utah :)

Lottiefla said...

Nice to see you happy and having fun Miranda!!

Lottiefla said...

Nice to see you happy and having fun Miranda!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! Enjoy Vienna!!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Happy Birthday in advance. How exciting to be able to go to Vienna. It will be awesome.

Vicky Hunt said...

Love it! You are going to have so much fun this weekend! I can hardly believe you're going to be 26, let alone, you'll be celebrating your birthday in Vienna! Who would have thought? I hope you have the best weekend ever! Love you so much! Be safe and have fun! Take lots of pix!!!

Always, Mama

Kelli @Kellibeans said...

Don't worry about 30, I've had so much more fun in my 30's than I ever did in my 20's.

Yayyy for Austria!

Pleas(e) and Carrots said...

Happy happy birthday!!! Have an amazing time!!!