11.25.2015

Happy Thanksgiving from the Czech Republic!

Tomorrow will be my first ever Thanksgiving that I have not spent with my family. And, I'm not going to lie...I'm really feeling a bit down tonight. Most days I don't really think about the massive 5,000 mile difference that is between me and everything that is familiar, but there are other times (such as tonight) that I seem to physically feel it.

Instead of waking up to the holiday smells and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, I will be teaching all day. I don't want to come across as being a complainer...it's just something strange to think about. On a related note, if anyone can figure out a way to ship me some of my Granny's dressing and my Grandma's smothered turkey...can you please do so? ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for this year...my amazing family, my friends (both new and old!), new opportunities, amazing experiences...the list goes on and on. I hope you all have a fantastic day filled with new memories, lots of laughter, and of course, plenty of food.

 
Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is always hard to be so far away from family and especially on a holiday. Try to keep your spirits up and think about how soon your Mom will be there to visit!

Linda

Vicky Hunt said...

You're asleep as I write this. I have kept it together so far, but this broke me. The holidays seem so strange this year. I know there has to be a first time for everything but these types of firsts are so hard. We will miss your presence tomorrow and you will definitely be thought about throughout the day. You do have much to be thankful for as do I. Working tomorrow will help you not to dwell on missing Thanksgiving and hopefully you will have a great day and be a blessing to your students and others you may encounter throughout the day. Maybe we can Skype tomorrow. I'll try to figure out a time and let you know. OK...:) And, if it makes you feel any better, Grandma is eating with Larry's family so we won't be having any smother fried turkey. Granny did say she will make a turkey and dressing dinner when you come home for the wedding. Something to look forward to. And , every time you feel sad today, remember I will be there in a month and I can't wait to see you and have you introduce me to your new home. I love you so much Randa.

Always, Mama

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

I know how hard it is to be apart from your family on a holiday. I hope you'll be able to Skype with your mom. Tonight would be a good opportunity to share an American holiday with your new friends. Cook something special for dinner for them. It might help a little.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.