12.03.2015

I Saw Your Face [Creative Piece]

It has been a while since I've shared any of my more creative writing, and I figured it was well past due. Plus, when the mood hits...it hits hard, and you just have to get the thoughts out. Ya know what I'm saying? ;)


I saw your face last night
I don't think I could have expected it any less
My dreams were still and quiet
But then, there you were
Different than how I remembered, but somehow still the same

I saw your face last night
And the first thing I thought was, "It's been a while"
So long, in fact, that I was finally beginning to forget you
Not in the usual way of forgetting
But in a more forced way, because keeping you in my memory was no longer an option

I saw your face last night
Oh, how I wanted to run
 To avoid falling back into old emotions that have already once torn me apart
But my feet stood firm, and I remained by your side
Falling into all that I know to be you, once again

I saw your face last night
It disturbed and enthralled all at once
Yet when I awoke, you were gone
Reminding me that what we once had, will never again be
And never should have been to begin with

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Wow ! that was fantastic.

Vicky Hunt said...

Yay! I hope you keep this up! Loved it my talented girl!

And, I love you!
Mama

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Really good Miranda! Keep writing girl!

Linda

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.