2.11.2016

Writing Update + Staying Motivated

2016 has been a great writing year for me so far. I know we are not even a month and a half into the year, but I'm feeling really positive that the coming months will be filled with just as much writing as the past few weeks have. I've gotten into a routine of taking advantage of every bit of down time.

If I have a gap in between classes, I will write. Instead of getting caught up in mindless entertainment when I'm home in the evenings, I'll write. I have been trying really hard to hold myself accountable to writing as a hobby, as well as my goals of one day become published. Because I have been more strict on myself and what I want to accomplish, I have been able to add several new posts to this blog, and I have also added about 8,000 words to my novel. (P.S. I also started a book blog...since I don't want to flood this site with book related stuff. You can find it at Miranda Reads if you're interested.)

Anyway, I find that one thing I often do when I'm in need of a creative boost is head over to Pinterest and type "writing quotes" into the search bar. I'm then flooded with all of the motivation I could ever need. I thought I would share a few of my favorites in hopes of giving my fellow bloggers and writes a little creative push. I hope you enjoy!


Do quotes give you an extra boost when you are feeling a bit lost? Please share your favorites with me!
Vicky Hunt said...

You don't know how happy I am that you are writing again! :) I can't wait to see your book(s) in bookstores someday! I know it's going to happen. Love You!

Always, Mama

Kelli @Kellibeans said...

I use pinterest for writing motivation too, I did NaNoWriMo and now it's time to clean up the mess. I won't do my writing that way again, it's not for me.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.