3.19.2016

London in a Blink

It's 12am on Sunday here in Prague and I cannot sleep, so I thought I would take advantage of this time and reacquaint myself with my blog.

I have been back from my London/Florida vacation for a week now. I'm not going to lie, I have been suffering from post travel blues (and a lot of jet lag), so that's why I took an additional one week hiatus from writing. But...I'm back and ready to go now.

I thought I would share the first leg of Shahid and I's journey with you today. Since he lives in the UK, and I was coming from Prague to meet him, we spent part of one day/one night in London before heading off to Florida. This was actually my second time in London...my first being when I was on my way to Prague for the first time.

 It was COLD, but other than that the weather was beautiful. We stayed in a cute part of the city right near Buckingham Palace, and did a stand-up job of playing tourist. It was a short, yet memorable, time.

We began with a late lunch at a pub called The Queens Arms. I had a burger (typical "Yank"), and Shahid had the fish and chips (typical Brit, ha ha). After that, we made the 25 minute walk to see Big Ben and Parliament. I feel like these are things you should always see when in London, ha ha.

After that, we walked along the river and checked out the London Eye, then we headed over to Trafalgar Square and explored that area. It wasn't long before we were distracted by our shared weakness...ice cream. (No really, we eat ice cream in every city we visit together.) So, we ate the best gelato I have ever had at Amorino (the dulce de leche was to die for) before heading back to the hotel for an early night since we had to wake up at 4am for our flight the next day.

We left from Heathrow the next morning, and that was that! Check out the pictures below.

I have a lot of posts coming...some with some announcements of change and future plans, so I hope you will stick around in the coming weeks. Have a great rest of the weekend!









Linda @ A La Carte said...

I would love to visit London someday. Happy you got to explore a bit before your flight!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Great pictures - the gelato looked awesome. Cute photo of you and shahid.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.