5.18.2016

This One's for the Prague Squad

Pretty sure this was the first squad pic ever. 
I've never been very good at making friends. 

It's not because I'm not "friendly." I would consider myself a very approachable person. However, I am a very approachable person who has social anxiety, and a severe case of "introvertedness."

As a result of this, I've never had a giant social circle. Throughout my life, in each new chapter/situation, I have tended to make one or two really close friends. This doesn't mean that I am rude to other people by any means...I'm just more an "acquaintance." Do I wish I was more outgoing sometimes? Of course. But, I am who I am...and that's okay. 

This is one reason that moving abroad last summer was a huge leap for me. I was leaving everyone I was familiar with, to come to a place where I knew absolutely no one. And, I'm really glad I did, because I have met a lot of really amazing people here in Prague, from my trainers and classmates on my TEFL course, to my colleagues and students during my teaching months. 

My closest friendships though, came in the form of the Prague Squad. Jess was my flatmate during the TEFL course, and Ephram was my best TEFL friend/flatmate for the rest of my time in Prague. After TEFL, the three of us started spending a lot of time together, and thus, the "Prague Squad" was formed. 

You can't tell, but this was taken in front of a building that I'm almost positive was haunted. 
We are three very different personalities, but I think our differences are the reason that we were able to have so many laughs. The past 11 months have been filled with countless travel mishaps, nights at "headquarters," and inside jokes. Without these two, I would not have some of my favorite Prague memories. 

Last night was our final rendezvous with the three of us together. Ephram left for Greece this morning, and I am leaving to move back home to Florida before he returns. It was a pretty bittersweet realization. But, we know that this is not the end. There will be future reunions in Europe...somehow, somewhere!

So, this post is a thank you to you, Prague Squad. Thank you for both being such great friends! You have been such a key part of my year here in Prague. I look forward to seeing what we all accomplish before we meet again. I "lo v" you both. 







Vicky Hunt said...

Made me tear up a bit...:( You have made such precious friends and memories and yes, you will all get together again someday! I'm sure of it. Love you!

Always, Mama

Hương Thu said...

With football we always have exciting games such as head soccer and head soccer unblocked and soccer heads and head soccer 2 or big head basketball big head soccer or head soccer will bring to everyone the good entertainment Best. After work you can play with Big Head Football and Big Head Soccer or Head Soccer to reduce the pressure of work. With big head basketball

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.