7 Things I Would Do For a Cookie Right Now

The human mind is full of some pretty complex questions, but perhaps the most complex question that my mind has generated recently is this:

Why do carbs have to be so frieken delicious?

I have been attempting to stick to a low carb diet over the past month or so, and I'm having such a love/hate relationship with it. I love it because, well, it works. Cutting carbs out of my daily diet is helping me drop weight quicker than I have ever dropped it before. I hate it though, because my actual favorite foods are potatoes, bread, and cookie dough. (Sure, I like meat and veggies and all that other stuff. But, come on, sugar is the actual best.)

While Slade and I were eating dinner earlier (sauteed pork chops with brussels sprouts and green beans), we were talking about how much better we feel when we stay fully on track. I then went on to tell him that I still haven't been able to kick carb cravings. At least once every day, I just really want something sweet. 

So, in order to cope with this obnoxious sweet tooth, I thought I would write about it. Let's get into...

***Disclaimer: I would also accept ice cream.***
1. Listen to every Taylor Swift album...twice. 
Okay, this may sound like a piece of cake (ugh, sugar) to most people. However, I am NOT a T-Swift fan, therefore listening to her albums would be fairly torturous for me. Still...if you have the collection send it over. (But stop for cookie dough on the way.)

2. Repeat Monday over again. 
Yep, you heard that right. I would go through the most dreaded day of the week not once. but twice. In all fairness though, I would probably deserve two cookies afterwards. Can we agree on that?

3. Do my own taxes. 
No Turbo Tax, no H&R Block, no accountant. Just me, myself, and my forgotten college level math skills. This could take a while though...

4. Eat a raisin first. 
If you know me, you know this is a drastic offer. I hate raisins. They are my absolute least favorite food item on the planet. But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 

5. Take Babybel on 10 middle of the night walks. 
Slade and I alternate who gets the middle of the night puppy walk. Waking up at 3am to take her for a potty break is no bueno. It's pretty obvious that no one likes their sleep interrupted. So, I think my desire for a cookie is pretty strong if I'm willing to get up not one time, but 10 times in a single night. 

6. Sit in 20th Ave. traffic for triple the amount of time. 
20th Avenue is the worst road in Gainesville for rush hour traffic. At least it is in my opinion. (Does anyone from the area agree?) I would be willing to tough it out for an extended period of time though, as long as I knew there was a prize at the finish line. (Chocolate chip is my favorite, by the way.)

7. Root for Corinne to win this season of The Bachelor. 
The Bachelor is most definitely one of my biggest guilty pleasures. Slade and I have a Monday night tradition of watching it together. We have been really into this season, and are also obsessed with the new Rose Buddies podcast he discovered. Corinne is the contestant people love to hate this season, but I would be her biggest fan...for a cost. 

All joking aside, I am really determined to stick with this healthier way of eating. Like I mentioned earlier, there's no denying that it works! Does anyone else stick to a low carb lifestyle? How do you cope with cravings?

I hope your weeks are all off to a great start! 

No comments