2.20.2017

A Sunday in Jacksonville

Slade and I took a day trip up to Jacksonville yesterday. I feel like I've been spending a lot of time there over the past few months, but I'm certainly not mad about it, because it's honestly one of the coolest cities in Florida. I guess I owe this to the fact that Slade is from the Jacksonville area, and it's only about an hour and a half drive from Gainesville.


As a Valentine's gift, Slade bought us tickets to see the Broadway performance of Jersey Boys, so that was our reason for this particular trip. I had been impatiently anticipating the day for a while now. It had been a while since I had been to a show, plus it was a much needed date, as Slade has been out of town for work, and he left again last night for 10 days.

We started out the day by dropping Babybel off at my cousin Shelby's house. We are so fortunate to have people in our lives that puppy-sit for us when we need it! It's much more comforting to know that she is with people that we trust instead of in a kennel. Plus, Bell loves Shelby's dog Violet. She is getting too big to sit in the front floor board of the car, but that's where she loves to be as you can see in the picture below. Gosh, she makes me happy.


After dropping Bell off, we made a caffeine stop at Starbucks. I don't drink coffee from Starbucks often, but when I do I always get the Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew. If you are an iced coffee fan, you have to try this! Slade tried the new Smoke Butterscotch Frappucino.


Slade played DJ on the drive up, and we decided to go ahead and scope out the venue and places to park upon arriving. Once that was taken care of, we looked up restaurants in the area and decided where to eat lunch. We settled on European Street Café, and I was not disappointed! I had two sliders...one Reuben and one Beef and Brie with a side of beer cheese soup. Slade and I also shared an order of the German potato salad, which I was really excited to see on the menu.


After lunch we drove back over to the venue and parked. We still had about an hour until the show so we walked along the waterfront and around Jacksonville Landing. It was a beautiful day out...one of those rare days in Florida that you can enjoy the sun and go for a stroll without sweating to death.








At 1:30 it was show time! In case you are unfamiliar with the premise of Jersey Boys, it's about the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, a popular band from the 1960's. It was wonderful! The music was great, the acting was great, and the story-line made you feel every type of emotion...which is what makes a good show! I've had the songs stuck in my head ever since it ended.

All in all, it was the type of Sunday that makes you okay with seeing Monday again. I'm so thankful for the adventures that I get to have with Slade. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I know that I'm always going to feel that way.

How was your weekend? Please share with me!
Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a lovely day! I love that you enjoy time like this together. I want to see Jersey Boys but just haven't made it there yet. You look so very happy!

Myra said...

Stop it, how cute are you guys?! And BELL, omgggg what a sweet face! I just want to hug her. Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time together :) I'm like you and don't drink a lot of Starbucks, but now that I've seen your drink, I feel like I need to try it. I wonder if the Starbucks here offer it or not, hah! xo

Vicky Hunt said...

Looks like y'all had a perfectly beautiful day! I love that area of Jax. I think that's where we saw TSO year before last. :)

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.