2.04.2017

January in Review

It's February!

How is your 2017 treating you so far? Wonderful, I hope! Mine is going just as you can usually expect life to go...a lot of good mixed with the occasional bad.

Since I haven't posted yet this year, I wanted to pop in and do a quick recap of the month of January. I've never been one to do monthly reflection posts, but the more I think about it, the more I feel the want to start.


//On New Year's Eve, Slade and I drove over to Jacksonville to celebrate with his friends. We stopped at Starbucks on the way, and Babybel had her first puppucino. This is my favorite picture of her to date.

//My first read of the year was Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen. I haven't read anything by her since I was a teenager. Her books are always thought provoking, and I really enjoyed this one!

//My cousin Taylor got married! It was such a fun day, and the wedding was a perfect reflection of her and her new husband.

//I joined Slade in the "low carb phenomena" at the beginning of the year. Over the past few months I have been fluctuating between the same five or so pounds, and I'm ready to hit my next milestone. It has been pretty successful so far. I've lost about six pounds. However, that doesn't mean that I haven't had a few setbacks, such as the cup full of sugar pictured above.

//Babybel is growing like a weed! She is around 25 pounds now, and she makes me so happy. She is fully potty trained, and she loves people and other dogs. She is super hyper and lacking in some basic manners though, so she will be starting puppy obedience class in a couple of weeks.

//Like most other people in the world, I have been continually working on my self-esteem. I'm still not where I need to be, but the difference in now and a couple of years ago is pretty drastic.

//I become more and more crazy about Slade every day. We have the same sense of humor, the same goals in life, and a level of comfort that I always thought was a relationship myth.

//I'm working really hard to get my finances in order. I was lucky enough to get a bit of a promotion/raise at work, and I'm also trying to find some part-time online work to do at home in my free time. I want to pay off some of my debt more than anything right now, and I feel like 2017 is the year that this is going to happen. I just have to keep the hope!

//Bell and I had a fun trip to a local farmer's market last weekend. We went with my cousins Shelby and Taylor, and their dogs Violet and June. It was kind of crazy keeping all of the dogs wrangled, but we had a great time and Bell was so worn out for the rest of the day.

What have you been up to in the month of January?

Happy weekend!
Linda @ A La Carte said...

Hi Miranda, just found your 'new' blog and have caught up. So in love with babybel! Slade seems like a great guy and you sound happy! Good Wishes!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.