2.27.2017

Weekend Recap {2/25-2/26}

This past weekend was a bit of a strange one. Slade has been out of town for a week, and it's so different not having him at home! He is gone for work quite a bit, but 10 days (he'll be back on Wednesday, whoop whoop) is definitely the longest trip so far.

Anyway, since I have very few friends that live close to me, and they were all busy, it was just me and Babybel. I am officially one of those people who is BFF with their dog. If you watch my Instagram stories, you already know this. She is certainly the center of my world lately...and I'm okay with that because I love her so darn much.

Needless to say, it was a pretty relaxed weekend! But, the good kind of relaxed weekend, where I was also really productive. Let's hop into a little recap.

Home, sweet home. 

I slept until about 7:45 on Saturday morning. That's actually "sleeping in" for me these days. I have become such a morning person over the past couple of years. Bell and I went on a walk, I made some breakfast and coffee, and then lazed around for a while watching a Say Yes to the Dress marathon.

Eventually I got up and straightened up the house, then I took one of those good, long showers. You know the ones I'm talking about...the ones that you actually take time to enjoy, and also come out of as a completely different person because you washed your hair and shaved your legs. (Hey, I'm human.)

I left the house around 2:00 to run some errands and go on a hunt for some colored jeggings. (I have been wanting some for so long!) I filled up my gas tank, got a smoothie for lunch, and then made my way over to Kohl's. There, I found a pair of burgundy jeggings and some new Keds for $35 total. What a steal, am I right? From there I went to Old Navy where I found a pair of olive ones, and then I went to Target to get some shampoo and other things I was out of.


After that I picked up some dinner to take home from Pollo Tropical, and Bell and I spent the rest of the evening hanging around.

Babybel's favorite weekend spot. 

Sunday morning was really productive. I did laundry and vacuumed and took out the trash and all of that fun stuff. I then sat down with my planner and laptop and scheduled out the next couple of weeks. I also planned and partially drafted two weeks worth of blog posts, so I'm pretty excited about that! I'm hoping to take some big steps with my blog this year. You'll see more about that in tomorrow's post.

"Mom, can you drive any faster?"

I then went to wash and vacuum my car and pick up a few groceries for the week. Bell and I loaded up in the car after I put the groceries away and went to my parent's house to hang out with my mom for a few hours. My parents have recently built a really beautiful new porch onto their home, and it was a GORGEOUS day here in Florida, so we sat outside and had lunch and chatted. My Granny also came down for a bit. Afterwards we went back home and I wrote some blog posts and mentally prepared for the week while Bell napped on the couch.

And, now it's a new week! How was your weekend? Did you do anything new, or did you just enjoy some down time?

Linking up with Biana!
Linda @ A La Carte said...

Some alone time is always good especially if you have a furry love to keep you company. You sound really happy and like life is falling into a good routine. Hugs!

Vicky Hunt said...

You did have a productive weekend. It makes going into the next week seem less daunting when you have checked so many to do's off your list. I enjoyed the afternoon with you and Babybel...:) Love you!

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.