10 Quotes for Book-Loving Hearts

You know how it's sometimes hard to describe your feelings towards something you really love? That happens to me a lot. When I find myself unable to rely on my own words, I like to read the words of others. 

Quotes. Are. Everything. 

So, I thought I would share some of my favorite quotes about one of the great loves of my life...books of course.

As far as I'm concerned, the words "book" and "love" have the exact same definition. 

Like, I just told Bell, "I book you!" And she replied, "Aw, I love you too Mom." 

Okay, not really. But, you get the gist. 



"One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us."
-Cassandra Clare

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
-George RR Martin


"You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book."
-Dr. Seuss

"Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are."
-Mason Cooley


"Reading forces you to be quiet in a world that no longer makes place for that."
-John Green

"The beautiful thing about reading old books, is realizing all your struggles, aren't a 'you' thing but a 'human' thing."
-Atticus


"I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's so difficult to narrow it down to 10! Which of these speaks to you the most? What are some of your favorite quotes...book related or non? 

3 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful quotes. My love of books has been with me all my life and will never change!

Vicky Hunt said...

Love all of them but the last one the most. So true! Have a good day...:)

Love, Mama

StephTheBookworm said...

Love this! The Cicero quote is actually tattooed on my back/shoulder blade. :)