3.10.2017

2017 Goal Check-In

The goals I set at the beginning of the year look a little something like this:

1. Get back into consistent blogging. 
2. Finally finish writing a novel. 
3. Travel when possible, whether down the road or far away. 
4. Study Spanish. 
5. Actively pay off debt. 
6. Continue exercising and eating healthy. 
7. Get involved with a good cause. 

Since we are already into the month of March, I thought I would do a quick check-in to share how things are going. 


Get back into consistent blogging. 
I really started focusing on this one last month, and it's going well! I'm on a 4x a week posting schedule, and I'm slowly working my way back into the community. I give myself an A for this goal so far. 

Finally finish writing a novel. 
This one is a complete no-go so far. Letter grade as of now: F-. 

Travel when possible. 
I have taken several weekend trips around the state so far. Slade and I have our Alabama/Tennessee/Missouri vacation coming up in May, and we are going to Universal in Orlando this weekend! This category is falling into the B category. 

Study Spanish. 
This hasn't happened yet either. So, another F. 

Actively pay off debt. 
I've paid off 3 credit cards and cut some corners in my monthly finances. Things are looking up in my financial world. I say this currently deserves an A. 

Continue exercising and eating healthy. 
For the most part, healthy eating is going pretty well. I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times, but I always climb back on! I haven't, however, been working out like I should. I do have plans to get a gym membership this month though! Letter grade: C+. 

Get involved with a good cause. 
I signed up to volunteer with the local animal shelter that we adopted Babybel from. I've only been able to help at one adoption event so far, but I look forward to participating in more and helping more cats and dogs find the loving homes that they deserve. This receives a B. 

As you can see, some things are going well and others need some work. I'll check-in in another couple of months to share how things have changed! What are some of your goals for the year? How are they going? 

Happy Friday! 
Laura Darling said...

You are doing great with your goals! I love that you got involved with an animal shelter!

Mallory Layfield said...

I love the goals you set for yourself, and for all the ones you are taking on, you are doing an awesome job so far! I wish I could give myself an A on the debt goal, but I'm definitely at an F right now lol.

Vicky Hunt said...

Doing well so far I'd say....however, your editor really wishes you would get back to writing...lol! Love you!

Victoria said...

I LOVE goals!!!! Congrats at sticking with blogging and working to pay off debt and making baby steps in the good cause and exercise/eating healthy areas! A little here, a little there.

Tell me more about your novel!!! When did you start it? Have you ever finished writing one before? I started one last February and opened up the file the other night after not touching it since July. I made a GOOD dent, but I have a long ways to go.

If you want a little push with the Spanish...Download the Duolingo app (or go online from your browser). It's totally free and I think it's SUPER effective. I've been studying French with that.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.