February in Review

February pretty much just ran away from me. 2017, please slow your roll a little bit.

One second it was the end of January, then it was Valentine's Day, and now we are already a couple of days into March. I mean, I know February is the shortest month of the year, but geez!

Join me in taking a look back at the month's happenings!


//This was a great month for me in terms of fulfilling some personal goals. I was able to pay off three credit cards, and cut down a bit on my bills in general. This has taken an immense amount of weight off of my shoulders! I've also reached a place where I'm finally ready to put my creativity back into action, through the forms of my blog and writing.

//Bell started her puppy obedience classes! We go every Wednesday night, and she loves being around the other puppies and people. She really is a good pup in most ways, but we still have a lot of work to do in terms of controlling her excitement. I'm already seeing some improvement!


//Eating low carb has been pretty difficult for me again this month. Sometimes it's easy (like when I have delicious things such as the low carb enchilada casserole pictured above), but other times my will power fails me. Overall though, I am still living a much more healthy and balanced lifestyle than I ever have before.

//I have also continued to reflect on how much better I am doing not only physically, but mentally. I truly am so happy and content. I think the difference is pretty evident to anyone who knows me.


//Slade and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together. Each month with him just gets better and better. He has been out of town for work a lot this month. He just returned from a 10-day trip yesterday, and I'm so glad. Home just isn't the same when he's gone, but I'm pretty lucky to have someone who is so easy to miss!

//I checked another musical off of the old Broadway bucket list. Slade took me to see Jersey Boys as my V-Day gift. I absolutely loved it!

That about wraps things up for me this month! Here are some February posts you may have missed:

4 Things to Do Monthly
A Sunday in Jacksonville
5 Podcasts You Should Listen To
7 Things I Would Do For a Cookie Right Now

 How was your February?

6 comments

Myra said...

What a great month!! I love that you are so happy and content. Those things really do have a way of shining through, don't they? Bel is so freakin' cute, I just want to squeeze her. Our dog is almost 6 and still gets so overly excited over everything that I don't know what to do about it sometimes, lol. xo

rebeccab530 said...

Good Luck with Bell's training! pups are so smart so I'm not surprised you are already seeing an improvement! Jersey Boys so jealous, it must have been so much fun!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Nice to see you so happy!

Vicky Hunt said...

You are definitely happier than I have ever seen you...:) Love you!

Autumn @ Stay gold Autumn said...

Thanks for joining the link up, I came over here and want to say I'm blown away with your weight loss motivation. I was going to go home and watch TV, but this motivated me to make sure I do a pilates video. I'd love to hear more about your weight loss or be directed to a post like that that you have done in the past :)

Happy Valentine's Day, you two! :)

Janet said...

Oh awesome for you for paying off those cards!!! that's def one of my goals this year but it's proving to be more difficult than I anticipated haha.

Your puppy is so friggin ADORABLE. Jealous.