Weekend Recap {3/11-3/12}

Holy moly, I am tired! I am becoming the queen of jam-packed weekends. This is probably going to be short and sweet...just like this Monday will hopefully be.

Friday
Friday evening was pretty low key. Slade and I had dinner at Leonardo's Pizza, and it was delicious but also super filling. Believe it or not, I only made it through one piece of pizza. (However, that could have been because I ate three of their garlic knots before...but I digress.) We went home after that, and I was super tired and a little grumpy from the week (sorry Slade), so I went to bed pretty early. #Party


Saturday
This was such. a. busy. day. I woke up fairly early, caught up on laundry, and then did some cleaning while Slade went into work for a bit. After that I spent a bit of time reading and hanging out with Bell, which was the best. When Slade was home, we went out to grab some lunch and pick up a couple of last minute things for our trip. (We made a spontaneous decision on Thursday to go to Universal this weekend.) After stopping at Old Navy and Target, we went back home to finish packing our overnight back and grab Bell and her overnight things.

The hardest part of my weekend was dropping Bell off at a pet boarding place for the first time. She usually stays with friends or family, but since this was last minute we didn't want to burden anyone so I arranged for her to stay at a place several of my co-workers use. Plus, it will be nice to have a go-to sitter when needed. The people were very nice and Bell seemed comfortable when we left, but that didn't keep me from having a bit of a cry when we got in the car. (I know, I'm a baby...but she is my baby!)

We then drove up to Lake City to watch my brother (Dakota) race. My dad has been racing cars since I was a toddler and my brother has followed in his footsteps. They usually race on asphalt circle tracks, and this was Dakota's first time driving on a dirt track. It was really entertaining and he actually won his heat race! Slade and I had to leave before his feature to drive down to Orlando, but when we arrived at the hotel my dad actually texted to tell me Dakota had won his feature as well. I wish I could have been there to see it!


Sunday
We woke up in Orlando early on Sunday morning to head to Universal! We did both parks (Universal and Islands of Adventure) and it was the best time. The main reason we went was so I could finally check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which I have never been to even though I'm a Florida resident. I'm going to do a special post for our day here, so I won't go too in to detail. Keep an eye out for that!

How was your weekend? Tell me all about it!

5 comments

Leslie @ A Side of Chocolate said...

I am SOOOO jealous. I want to go to the Wizarding World SO badly. Hopefully, we can make it in the next couple of years. Also, I'm not sure if you've heard of Rover.com but that's what we use for Ellie. It's in home pet sitters that keep your pup while you're gone so they have so much personalized attention. We use it for Ellie and we actually do some dog sitting ourselves in our free time!

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

How fun!! A spontaneous trip to a theme park sounds like a blast, and how sweet you went to your brother's race!

Kayla Whitter said...

I'm excited to see your recap! My husband and I went for our honeymoon and it was the best time of my life!

StephTheBookworm said...

Oh my gosh, so fun! How far is your drive to Orlando? Wish I was close like that!

Okay, Bell is seriously SO CUTE! How old? What breed?

Vicky Hunt said...

Weekends don't get much better than yours...:) Give my Bell some love from her Gran! :) Love you...Mama