3.20.2017

Weekend Recap {3/18-3/19}

Hello, hello, hello!

Welcome to yet another weekend recap. This past weekend had a lot more down time than the few that preceded it, but I also did some pretty fun stuff! Let's jump into a little walk down the lane of weekends past.

Friday
Slade and I spent Friday evening at home. He made salmon and broccoli for dinner (which was delicious), and then we just enjoyed some time with each other and Bell. I also got a pretty good way into my new read (The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah) while Slade played some video games.

Saturday

Saturday morning brought no plans, so the day started with a cup of coffee, some blog planning, and posting one too many videos of Bell on my Instagram story. (JK, there's no such thing as too many dog videos.)

Just before noon, I left to meet my mom, Aunt Nancy, Aunt Loretta, and my cousins Shelby and Taylor for lunch. We ate at Square 1, which has really delicious burgers. I had the S.O.B. (South of the Border) burger on a bed of greens instead of a bun, with quinoa and veggies as a side instead of fries. (Let me tell you, that quinoa was so delicious I honestly didn't even miss the fries.)

After lunch we went to see Beauty and the Beast! Oh my goodness...I had high expectations because the original is my favorite Disney movie, and it was SO MUCH BETTER than I could have even imagined. I frieken' loved it, and cried through a good bit of it because it was just so good! My mom and I (both bloggers) made sure to get a picture.


After the movie I went to Target. I wanted to try on some bathing suits to get an idea of what I want to buy for this summer, and I also picked up a couple of things we were out of as well as stuff for dinner. I bought stuff to make low carb chicken fajita bowls.


Honestly...easiest tasty meal ever. I even got pre-marinated chicken so I didn't have to add the fajita seasoning myself. All I did was cook the chicken, then build the bowls! We used spinach as a base because Slade and I both prefer it to lettuce, then added the chicken and topped it with guacamole, salsa, a bit of sour cream, and of course, a generous portion of cheese.


We ate dinner together while watching About Time. We both agree that this is such an under-hyped movie. It's so heartwarming. Have you ever seen it? What do you think about it?

Sunday
On Sunday morning I was feeling a coffee that I didn't have to make myself, so Slade rode to Starbucks with me. On the rare chance that I go to Starbucks, I get one drink, and one drink only...the vanilla sweet cream cold brew. I. Love. This. Coffee.


When we got back home, we used the leftover fajita bowl stuff to make some breakfast fajita bowls...which is a fancy way of saying we replaced the chicken with a couple of fried eggs. After breakfast, Slade had to go into work for a couple of hours, so I drafted some blog posts while Bell snoozed beside me on the couch.

The last bit of the day was pretty uneventful...just some cleaning and reading! How was your weekend? Tell me about something fun that you did.
Linda @ A La Carte said...

I want to see Beauty and the Beast for sure. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I had a quiet one with reading and watching some movies. Church on Sunday and a few fun moments with the Grands.

lifeloveandcreativity said...

1. the nightingale is sooooo good great choice for a book. I'm currently reading the woman in cabin 10.
2. I saw beauty and the best this weekend too, I loved how they gave a little more history to belle & the beast. Also loved the new songs.
3. I just recently watch About Time and I loved it so much!

Vicky Hunt said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend...a little bit of lazy...a little bit of productivity...and a little bit of fun! I am so glad we got to see the movie together...LOVED it and you!

Kerry Crystal said...

I love nightingale! I hope it is made into a movie!
Yummy fajita bowls!!
Kerry

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.