Weekend Recap {3/25-3/26}

Happy last Monday of March 2017!

Speaking of March lasts, how was your final weekend of the month? Mine was pretty swell. It went a little something like this...

Friday
Friday evening I met my parents and rode down to Horseshoe Beach with them. Horseshoe is a teeny tiny fishing town on the Gulf coast that is in the county in Florida that I'm from.


My Grandma and her boyfriend were down there visiting some friends and they invited us out for a dinner. It was a celebratory dinner for my Grandma. On Thursday, she finished her final round of chemo/radiation. She did so well with the first bout of treatments, and we couldn't be happier to see her remaining in good spirits. She will have another scan in 3 months to see where things stand. Fingers crossed for continued good news! It was a really beautiful evening in Horseshoe, and it was great to just relax and have some good food with my family.


Saturday
I had a lot of things I wanted to accomplish on Saturday so it was a pretty exhausting day. Slade woke up for work around 6:30 and I couldn't go back to sleep after he left. That's ok though, because the main productive thing I wanted to do this weekend was spring clean, and spring clean I did. After a coffee run, I got started on cleaning our upstairs bedroom and bathroom and worked on that until I had to leave for an appointment.

After the appointment I went to wash and clean my car, then I ran to Target to pick up some cleaning supplies. I really wanted to try the pink grapefruit Method cleaner that Chelsea has mentioned a few times. With cleaning products in tow I went back home and really got down to business. I was able to fully knock out our bedroom, both bathrooms, and the living/dining room.

After a little quality time with Bell, I got ready and headed out to go watch my brother race. I was hoping to see him win since I missed his big win a couple of weeks ago. He placed 3rd in his heats, but wasn't able to finish the feature due to some issues with the motor. It was an overall crazy night at the track and I actually saw the worst wreck I have ever seen in the 20-something years I've been around racing. Thankfully the driver was okay.


Sunday
Sunday was another early morning as my friend Liz and I were heading to Jacksonville for a fun day! Liz's birthday was at the beginning of the month and I bought her tickets to the Broadway production of The Little Mermaid. (The Little Mermaid is her fave!) It was at the Times Union Center in Jacksonville so we made a day of things. We drove over and had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. After that we went to the performing arts center and found parking, then went for a little walk before heading inside for the show. The Little Mermaid is the 4th Disney Broadway production I have seen. (The Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Beauty and the Beast being the other 3.) It was really magical, and the costumes were phenomenal!


I got home around 5:30 on Sunday evening and cleaned the kitchen/pantry (now all I have left is the guest bedroom and the laundry room!), then sat down to draft some blog posts for the week. Slade and I ended the night with some pizza and wine. (Bell picked out the wine.)


Tell me about your weekend!

5 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I've only seen Lion King on stage and it was amazing! Sounds like a fun time with your friend and a good weekend. I read, painted, watched TV, played with the Grands, went to church and took a nap!

Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

What a busy weekend! I also love the Method cleaners. The grapefruit and the lime/sea-salt are SO nice.
My aunt went to see The Little Mermaid in Jacksonville too! I've seen a couple of things there myself. Such a nice theater. We walked over to Sweet Pete's after we saw The Phantom of the Opera last year..definitely a new tradition! But you can't go wrong with Cheesecake Factory.

StephTheBookworm said...

I love The Little Mermaid too... such a great show!

Aw, I'm so glad that your grandma is doing so well and that you got to spend some quality time with her. :)

julie @ a hopeful hood said...

What a full weekend!! So jealous of your beach time....and glad you got to see your brother's race this time round! Also, way to go, Grandma on kicking chemo's butt!!

Kerry Crystal said...

What kind of racing does your brother do? We are always going to different car events with my son and husband! - Crystal