3.06.2017

Weekend Recap {3/4-3/5}

Another Monday here, another weekend gone. How does this keep happening? We should really do something about it.

This weekend was a whirlwind, but luckily it was a really fun whirlwind.


Friday
When I got home from work on Friday evening, Slade and I headed out to have a little date night. We went to the theater to see Get Out, and it was really disturbing but also really good. It was nice to see a "horror" movie that didn't completely depend on throat slashing as entertainment. After the movie we went to BJ's for drinks and appetizers, where we spent the majority of the time analyzing a first date that was going on at the table next to us. (It was going well for them, in case you were curious.)

Saturday
I had a pretty early start on Saturday. I got up, got ready, and quickly packed an overnight bag. Slade and I grabbed a quick breakfast at Panera, and then I hopped in the car and headed to Jacksonville. My best friend Amber has been home from Colorado, so I was able to spend some time with her and my friends Jamie and Alex who I know from FSU.

We had a relaxing day watching some movies. We attempted to go to the beach, but it was actually really chilly out so that didn't last very long, ha ha. Saturday evening we had dinner, and then went out for a few drinks before going back to Jamie's to crash.

Sunday
We all had brunch together on Sunday morning and then headed our separate ways. It's always so refreshing to catch up with friends I don't see very often!

I got back to Gainesville around 1pm, and after changing clothes Slade and I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather. We hopped on I-75 and drove down to Ocala, which is a small city about 40 minutes south of Gainesville. Our main reasoning for this was because we really wanted to play mini golf, but we didn't want to go to the place in Gainesville that has mini golf, ha ha.

It turned out to be a really fun day! We got some ice cream, and then Slade graciously let me have a poke around Ollie's Bargain Outlet. They have good books for so cheap! I bought 7 books for a total of $30, and two of those were hard cover. After that we went to play that highly anticipated mini golf game that I mentioned. I lost by four, but it's ok because when we went bowling on our first date back in September I beat him pretty badly. (Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition, am I right?)

To end the evening, we checked out downtown Ocala and had dinner at Pi on Broadway. It was SO DELICIOUS. As an appetizer, we got the chicken and chorizo nachos. For our entrees, Slade got the blackened fish tacos and I got the garlic-lime pollo tacos. It was the pefect food to indulge in before starting another week of healthy eating. We then headed back to Gainesville and wrapped the weekend up at home, where I wrote some blog posts and he played video games.

How was your weekend? Tell me about something new or fun that you did!
Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun weekend. Always good to see old friends. I rested and then cleaned my kitchen and did some reorganization. Saw my Grands and cooked a corned beef brisket in my pressure cooker.

Leslie @ A Side of Chocolate said...

That sounds like such a good weekend! I have been on the fence about Get Out. I keep hearing good things but I really hate gory movies with lots of blood and all that.

StephTheBookworm said...

Sounds like a fun and jam packed weekend! I'm really curious about that Get Out movie and just told my hubby yesterday that I want to see it!

Hena Tayeb said...

Sounds like a fun weekend..
I used to love Horror movie.. but I stopped watching when they got all bloody and gory and now I just don't have the stomach for them anymore

Kerry Crystal said...

You packed a lot into that weekend! I agree work week should be 2-3 days and weekends should be 4-5 days...but oddly nobody has asked my opinion! The nerve.
My bff and blogging partner was visiting so we had a jam packed weekend a well...stay tuned for all the posts!
~Kerry

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.