So...I Bought Some More Books {2nd and Charles and Target}

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. (And probably a million more times in the future.) I love a good book bargain. And, you probably already know that from this post and this post.

The point I'm dancing around right now is...I have another book haul today. I also figured, since there will likely be a lot of these types of posts in the future, that it was time to give this little series a name. Because, what book lover hasn't said this sentence at some point in their life?


I mentioned in yesterday's weekend recap that my mom and I went to heaven on Saturday. Wait, did I say heaven? I meant 2nd and Charles. I spent around $20 and this is what I got:


//Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
I believe it is so important to add classics to your reading rotation. Madame Bovary has been on my TBR for a while now, so I couldn't pass up this $2 copy. This book sounds like it was probably pretty scandalous back in the day. I really hope it lives up to the hype!

//Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan
I've never heard of Jacqueline Sheehan, but I stumbled across her section in the store and got distracted by all of the cute dogs on her covers. It looks like dogs play a big part in the majority of her books and I'm always game for some puppy fiction. I decided on Lost and Found after reading all of the summaries...I think it will be a fun little contemporary!

//Atonement by Ian McEwan
This is another book that has been on my TBR for a good bit. I think it's going to be a very emotional read, and I need one of those every now and then. It's also takes place in the World War II time period, and that factor alone is usually enough to make me pick any book up.

//One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
This book sounds so different than anything I've ever read. The plot has a lot of potential to be very eye-opening. However, I"m also a bit skeptical because the book is written from a woman's point of view by a male author. I really hope that isn't a downfall!

I also picked up one book from Target, because it was on sale for about $8.00.


//Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
This book is super popular in the land of reading right now. The movie is also coming out soon, and I want to read the book first for comparison because the storyline looks so sweet. I will probably be reading this one really soon!

Have you read any of the books I picked up? What did you think of them?

7 comments

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am always looking for new books and I'll check out Everything, Everything. I've read Lost and Found and it is good. Sweet and fun books have a place in my life and this was one of those books. Reading is such a joy. I'm about to start A Man In Moscow which I've been told is wonderful.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Whoops...the book is A Gentleman In Moscow!

StephTheBookworm said...

Awesome book haul! I have Jacqueline Sheehan on my TBR list too because her covers are always so eye-catching!

Kerry Crystal said...

I don't read many books but the Everything Everything book looks interesting. I'm basing that on the cover photo and the sentence on the cover! :) Maybe I'll see if there is an audio version so I will actually "read" the book! -Crystal

Vicky Hunt said...

When you finish Everything Everything I may borrow it...if you think I'll like it.:)

Rebekah said...

I'm always looking for new books and now I'm going to add One Thousand White Women and Everything, Everything to my list. Thank you!

Torrie said...

It's been awhile since I read Madame Bovary (like, around 10 years), but I remember really liking it when I did--I even copied down a few quotes from it because I loved them so much!

And a word about Atonement---the beginning is sloooooow and really wordy, but persevere until the very end, and you'll see that there was a purpose in that. Actually, the whole structure of that book was pretty mind-blowing when I finally turned the last page and understood everything for the first time.

Happy reading!