4.27.2017

Turn That Frown Upside Down

Turn that frown upside down!

I remember being on the receiving end of this phrase a lot when I was growing up. In fact, having it thrown my direction was a minor pet peeve as a teenager. Wouldn't you know though, that I use it quite a bit myself now. I can't wait to have kids and annoy them by using it when they are in a bad mood. *Insert evil laugh here.*

I've found myself in a fairly grouchy mood for much of this week. Really though, I fell asleep on the couch Tuesday night and almost fully bit Slade's head off when he woke me up. (And now I feel guilty, sorry Slade!) I think I've been overly anxious due to the fact that we leave for vacation this weekend and there have been a lot of things to do before then. (Obviously following my rules for things to do before you leave for vacation couldn't even combat my irrational stress.) I've also had a sore throat and a minor cough...but I guess I'd rather have a bit of a cold now than next week!

The reality of the situation is, there is no need for me to be feeling down. Everything is under control! Life is good. Love and peace. Rainbows and butterflies and all positive stuff.

So, to continue seeing the positive, I'm going to talk about a smattering of things that are more than worthy of causing my frown to turn upside down. (AKA: Here's a happy list.)


*Iced coffee with cream and sugar.
*My dog and everything about her...cute doggie smiles and loving licks and the best cuddles.
*Songs that are a reminder of simpler times in life.
*The expectation of upcoming travels.
*Fresh air and blue skies.
*Celebrating milestones and accomplishments with friends.
*Slade and the undeniable "rightness" of our relationship.
*The endless possibilities of a day with no set plans.
*Early weekend mornings, filled with quiet, a cup of coffee, and a good book.
*Being able to focus on the things you are proud of, as opposed to the things you regret.
*Photos of past travels, and reflecting on the memories that they hold.
*French fries and chocolate chip cookies.
*The ability to move forward and embrace the person you truly are.

I could go on and on. Just as one negative thought leads to another, one positive thought turns into multiple ones. So...let's focus on the second option! What turns your frown upside down?
Linda @ A La Carte said...

Good post! I think being able to recognize being in a grouchy mood helps you to then look at the positives! My sweet Grands always make me smile, my lovely daughter who is one of my best friends, books and of course Annie Belle! So much to be happy about.

StephTheBookworm said...

Great, positive attitude! I love it!

Totally agree with the cookies and the pups... definitely on my list too. ;)

I have bad days too though where I snap at Jerry and then feel awful. We all have them so hang in there. <3

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.