5.08.2017

April Blogging Goal Review {And Goals for May?}


I normally aim to do my blogging goals posts first thing each month, but since I was on vacation last week things are running a bit late around here. Reflecting on the old goals and discussing the new is a great way to hold me accountable when it comes to growing and improving my blog. Here is a quick look at how my April goals played out:

1. Streamline and organize my site.   This is still a bit of a work in progress, but I have made some small changes. I minimized the number of pages in my top menu, and instead created a "categories" section in my sidebar. 

2. Apply for one paid blogging opportunity. This didn't happen, but I'm okay with that. 

3. Create a blog Facebook page.   Check and check! You can follow me here. Please leave the link to your blog Facebook in the comments so I can follow along! 

4. Send out my first subscription email. I decided not to move forward with this feature for now. I don't think it's a necessary feature for what I want my brand to be at the moment. 

So what are my goals for May? I feel like this is going to sound like a cop out, but I don't have any new ones. I think I'm at a point where I just need to spend some time improving upon the changes and strategies that I have already put into practice. For example, several of my new pages are still "under construction." 

Do you have any blogging goals for May? Does setting goals help you stay on track? 
Linda @ A La Carte said...

Good that you can adapt your blogging goals. I'm just trying to blog at least once a week! Life is so busy and I'm also feeling like I've not much to say lately.This too shall pass?

Kristen from Pugs & Pearls said...

Good goin'! It's nice to see progress. You're doing great, keep it up!

StephTheBookworm said...

You did good! I've been working on streamlining too, cutting down the number of pages and instead making drop down options on my menu.

Jessica Watson said...

Can you start a how to blog series? Or if you have content like this already, can you direct me to it? I love reading your blog and I feel like it would be a great outlet to have but idk where to even begin. I think it would be interesting to learn about the types of blogs out there. I know recently you posted the behind the scenes of monetizing and disclosure. Expanding off of that would be awesome to read.

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.