5.02.2017

Berlin and the Brandenburg Gate {Favorite Travel Memories}

Slade and I are on vacation! Don't worry, I'm not blogging on the trip...these posts are pre-scheduled. In the spirit of traveling, I have written about some of my favorite travel memories...not so much the details, but more so the feelings that I had during the experiences. Hope you enjoy, and have a wonderful week! 

Berlin is a unique city that is full of endless amounts of history, which is the reason why it has always been on my list of "must visit" European destinations. I was fortunate enough to visit twice during my time in Europe, and I have some really fantastic memories from those trips. I have a post about my first visit here, but today I want to talk about a more specific remembrance.


Above all else, I was anticipating seeing the Brandenburg Gate. I can't pinpoint a specific reason why I was so excited to find this landmark. I think it was the fact that it's beautiful, combined with the want to see such a well-known work of art in person. There is also a really cool, extensive history behind the gate. It was originally built in the late 1700's, survived during World War II, and is now a symbol of unity.


Needless to say, when I finally arrived in front of it, I wasn't the least bit disappointed. It's massive and full of detail. It was amazing to stand in awe of something so symbolic. During my time abroad, I saw a lot of things that made me realize how vast and complex the world is. The Brandenburg Gate is definitely towards the top of that list.

Have you ever visited Berlin? Tell me about a destination that blew your mind.
© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.