5.12.2017

My Mama Deserves the World

"A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend."


Sunday is Mother's Day. It's officially that time of the year that we all reflect on how wonderful our mothers are just a little more than usual. When some unknown person pointed out that we should treat every day as Mother's Day, they were right. However, even endless amounts of Mother's Days wouldn't be nearly enough to express the love and appreciation that I have for my mom. 

Because my Mama deserves the world. 


My Mama is selfless and supportive, sympathetic and understanding. 

She is loving and kind, and has a heart made of pure gold. 

She would give up everything of her own, if it meant making just the slightest bit of difference for another. 

She is a peacemaker and a go-getter, and a saint by any definition. 


She's beautiful and brilliant, thoughtful and honest, 

She's gentle by nature, but firm when you really need it. 

She has taught me how to dream, how to persevere, and how to always strive for the best version of yourself. 

She's my dearest friend, and my greatest role model. 

And...I'll never stop believing that she deserves anything less than the world. 

Happy Mother's Day to you and yours! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your families. 
Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very sweet post! Your Mom is a wonderful lady!

StephTheBookworm said...

Awww, love it! Your mama seems amazing. You two share such a resemblance too... so sweet.

Vicky Hunt said...

Just got home after a super long day and saw that you posted today....about me. I immediately burst into tears reading your thoughtful and loving words. I needed this today more than you know. I love you so, so much and still find it hard to believe God gave me such an amazing daughter who has turned out to be my best friend. Thank you so much for loving me as much as I love you.

Always, Mama

Laura Darling said...

Your mom sounds like such a wonderful lady!!

Kerry Crystal said...

What sweet comments about your Mom! I'm sure she loved this. I hope my kids say such kind things about me when they are grown up!! - Crystal

© My Restless Soul. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.